1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Broken Arrow OK ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ljutic111, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

With all intended purposes , I had hope to drive out to visit with my brother in Collinsville near Tulsa and bring my guns/ammo and shoot a few rounds there but the price of gas from NJ and back convinced me to get a flight so I will be without a gun . I will be out there from the 17th-26th of this month . He has no guns that I`m aware of and he works at the air base and says he hears the shooting at times so I`m only guessing that it is from Broken Arrow . I came out years ago and shot at the Tulsa Trap and Skeet range north of Tulsa I believe , mostly skeet shooters there . Do they have any rentals at any range close by ??? Any help for a day would be appreciated .

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Why not check your gun through the airline? It is a bit of a hassle but nothing serious.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

You can also ship the gun to yourself via your brothers address. C/O shipping.

He can accept the package but is not suppose to open it. You can ship to almost anyone or a business using this method.

Perfectly legal...

Q: May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.

YOUR NAME

c/o Mother Doe Gun Club

123 Somewhere Street

City, ST 12345

4. high 2

high 2 Member

He hears the shooting from Tulsa Gun Club. Flight path is directly over the range. They do have several trap ranges but no rentals that I know of. Why not fly your gun with you? Larry

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Yes the flight path was over the club I shot . I would prefer not to ship my gun Thanks . I`m the president of Mallard Trap Club here in NJ so I shoot 2 times a week . If I don`t shoot there would not bother me but if there is a chance to let some fly , it would be nice . Always good to see other clubs . I rented a gun at Casa De Compo in the Dominican once but I brought my own shells before 9-11 .

6. ljutic 111

ljutic 111 TS Member

Back to the top >>>>

7. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Have not shot in Tulsa but went to school there in early Sixties married this good looking RN from St. Johns hospital so I go back on occasion. Call Dean Harris at Skeet's Gun Shop in Tahlequah, OK and he can steer you to a trap club near Tulsa. The Oklahoma Trapshooting Assoc. in El Reno is a bit of a drive but you can cover ground in OK a lot faster than NJ and its a nice drive. Nice club open to the public.

8. tulsey

tulsey Member

Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club shoots Big 50 and Five-Stand on Thursday nights. Members and Guests. Friendly folks who would probably let you shoot one of their guns if you brought your own ammo. You could pick up some at WalMart or Bass Pro on the way out to the club at 101st and 305th East Ave. Send me a PM if you would like any more info. North American Aerospace Rod and Gun Club is nearby. They both have web sites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

north american aerospace rod & gun club