1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**** Broken 101 Diamond Grade ****

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tgt12, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgt12

tgt12 TS Member

Need some advice please.

Winchester Model 101 Diamond Grade started off not cocking every once and a while. In order to fire gun, it would have to be re-opened and closed.

Now it mostly won't cock.

Gun belongs to one of the old timers at the club. If I knew what to replace I'd give the repair a try.

Any suggestions to what may have failed and is does the repair require any special tooling

Thanks in advance.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Chances are, a cocking rod is worn. Nu Line guns has most of the parts for these guns. I imagine some of the posters here shooting these old classics have a favorite 'smith they can recommend.

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Chances are the cocking plate is worn. It's not real hard to replace. You will probably need a cocking plate guide rod and spring also. Midwest gun works in Mo. should have the parts, They can also do the repair.

Jim

4. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

Try taken the stock of the gun and give it a good cleaning it sound like the sear is sticking and not resetting so the hammer will stays cocked it probly has been clean in years.

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Midwest gunworks has parts for the 101, a link is provided. 101s have relatively simple workings. If you don't have a good gunsmith nearby, take off the buttstock and observe what happens when you cock the gun. You should be able to see what is wrong.

6. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

101s are pretty reliable, so first I'd remove the stock and give it a good cleaning. That may solve the problem, if not, you can go from there. They're simple enough, so any decent gunsmith can repair it.

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Roger, please send me a list and price for all.

8. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

Roger I would like a list and price sheet as well. I have a couple of 101's so I guess I should be scouting some parts to support them.
    bikrprchr@nwinfo.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.