1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Broken 100-------Need Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Was lucky enough to get into a shootoff, and, you guessed it. My 1100 let me down. The last 5 shots on the second round had more recoil than normal and the action was working with some roughness. While getting ammo for the third round, I just hosed her down with some WD-40 for good measure. That wasn't enough, as it wouldn't fire the first shot. Had to change guns, and you know what happened then--------yep, I lost.

Anyway, after taking the gun apart, the plastic looking part that holds the firing pin in the rear of the bolt had disintegrated, and the spring behind the hammer was gone. Have a spare gun that I used parts out of, but am wanting a source to replace these parts and have some spare parts. Where is a good source of parts other than Remington? Thanks in advance, Gne J

2. John E

John E Member

try brownells www.brownells.com I have had goodluck with them in the past or numrich at www.egunparts.com hope this helps.

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Gary, I hear those K-80's are always blowing up. LOL

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"the plastic looking part that holds the firing pin in the rear of the bolt "

That's the bolt buffer. Good idea to get 2 or 3 and replace them every year or two.

You'll have to drill a hole in the part to get them to fit. They do not come pre-drilled. Replacing them is a piece of cake.

As long as you're in there, you might as well replace the firing pin spring.

Not sure what you mean when you say, " the spring behind the hammer."

Are you saying the hammer spring, that drives the hammer forward when you pull the trigger? If so, that's a part in the trigger group, and may be best left to a gunsmith.

Also, as Paul said, replace the action spring (in the stock.) Every year or two if you shoot a lot. Only $15 or so, and a piece of cake to replace.
    Or did you mean the firing pin spring?

Shotgun Sports Magazine sells a "1100 Emergency Kit" for $69. Link is too long to put in the link box.

http://www.shotgunsportsmagazine.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79&products_id=613&zenid=4758ca7268c81e109cd3d8ea2d9c9274

5. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Google or do a search for Poppert's Gun Parts. New and used at great prices with an online catalg.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You can buy direct from Remington.

You download an order form from their website, they will not take credit cards on line.

All the parts lists are on the site, and you manually fill in the parts you need onthe order form.

Then you fax it to remington with your credit card info on it, and they will process the order.

This info is a little dated , but I think it still flies.

HM

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The black buffer used in the 11/87 is more pliable and will not crystallize and break.

Replace Action Spring. Less than $10. When this spring fatigues, it starts taking out related parts.

If you are not familiar with your 1100, have a 'smith go over your gun and replace needed parts.

If you are familiar with your gun, Brownell's has parts for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.