1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Broke my first 90 today

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Montep, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montep

Montep TS Member

I know it is not a big deal to most but my first year of registered shooting. Broke my first 90 at the heartland grand today. Stockdales could not be a nicer place to shoot.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

It is a big deal. Congratulations.

3. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Anytime you shoot above your previous high score is a big deal, even if it's by one bird.

Congratulations!

4. Montep

Montep TS Member

I know it is not a big deal to most but my first year of registered shooting. Broke my first 90 at the heartland grand today. Stockdales could not be a nicer place to shoot.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

It is a big deal. Congratulations.

6. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Anytime you shoot above your previous high score is a big deal, even if it's by one bird.

Congratulations!

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Montep- Fine shooting. Keep having fun. When you have a bad day remember how much fun the good days are.

Pat Ireland

8. bas

bas Member

It is definitely a big deal....I remember how I was stuck on "89's" when I started shooting and when I finally broke 90...good shooting and good luck!

Betty Sackett

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Montep- The last post included both congratulations and some great encouragement for you. Betty Sackett was stuck on 89's for some time. She then did get into the 90's as you have. But, she kept working hard and made the All American team several times. Even the best shooters were not always the best.

Pat Ireland

10. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Congrats! This is a game of little steps for many of us. You just accomplished another little step UP and FORWARD. We both moved ahead a liittle today.

I shot my absolute best ever doubles today...a mere 92 but it was still rewarding.

FN in MT

11. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Very well done - keep it up.

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Montep:

The best part about shooting is for us normal folks is after awhile we keep getting better and that is what makes it worth shoting I would hate to start off breaking 100's everytime because I wouldn't have anything to look forward to.

I know it took me awhile to get in the 90's when I first started just make sure you mount the gun the same for every shot and if it doesn't feel right then bring it down and re mount because if you don't then most of the time you will miss the bird because you are thinking something isn't right.

I know from experencince.

Foggy

13. frumpy

frumpy TS Member

this was my third year of shooting and i still haven't broke into the 90 range... oh well. Keep up the good work!

14. dverna

dverna Active Member

NEVER feel that your personal best is "not a big deal"

Plus you did it at a registered shoot. I hope you had some buddies with you to celebrate with.

Enjoy; and be proud of your accomplishment.

Don

15. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Of course it's a big deal. The first time I shot a score with a '9' in front of it (91 actually), I did the happy dance off the line and had the biggest grin on my face the rest of the day. I don't know who was more thrilled -- myself or my husband. Good job, keep it up and remember to have fun!

16. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

It seems certain numbers are milestones for us trapshooters. I remember when I was much younger and broke around 90+ for the first time and how thrilled I was. Now I usually break above 90 but every once in a while I hope I can break "90" to avoid a low 80's score. On these days it still a milestone.
    Also, congratulations to the 90+ in doubles.

Charlie

17. Montep

Montep TS Member

Actually I have to thank Stace Kellams for her help. It was the ljutic that I bought from her that I used. The 3rd time shooting it.

18. phirel

phirel TS Member

Montep- You are wrong. It was not the Ljutic that broke the good score. It was you shooting the Ljutic.

Pat Ireland

19. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Pat Ireland :

I agree the gun can't shoot the score by itself it has to be the nut behind the trigger...

Foggy

20. SDGooseHunter2008

SDGooseHunter2008 TS Member

Montep,

Great Job!! Congrats to your accomplishment. Keep shooting well!!

- Foster Bartholow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.