1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Broadway style ribs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gun1357, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Back in the early '70s, I had a Winchester 1400 Autoloader with a Herters wide rib very similar to the Browning Broadway. It was a great shooter but I traded it for a sheet-rock job for my garage. The guy wouldn't take money, he wanted my gun. Does anyone know where I might find such a wide rib for a Super X barrel? Ron Renouf

2. victoria K

victoria K Member

HI Ron

If all else fells you do have the option of an add-on rib. We have made them as wide as 5/8"
    that’s the great thing about our ribs they are not made until you order them, that way any
    special requirements can be installed when making the rib.

If can be of any help my email is above or my phone # is
    661-703-1865

Have a great day
    Vicki Keen

3. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

You may have the answer. I'd guess that I have seen your ribs but didn't realize what I was looking at. What does the top surface of your rib look like? Can you reproduce the appearance of the Broadway? Adding a little height to the rib is not a problem. Ron

4. victoria K

victoria K Member

We powder coat the ribs first then its sprayed with an epoxy finish that is a matt black. There is no tooling on the top, any glair is killed by the matt black epoxy.

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

For Vicki Keen. I have looked at your website and I am impressed. One last question that might be of general interest: Does the fact that a Super X barrel is the early rivet-by-the-front-bead rib type have any impact? Ron

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I remember well looking down the Browning Broadway ribs. They looked nice. So nice, I kept looking down the rib instead of looking at the target. After a lot of work, I got over that bad habit but the rib was so wide, I started shooting off of the corners of the rib. I sold my nice Browning Broadway.

Pat Ireland

7. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Mother nature takes care of that problem over time. With my long distance prescription, it is harder to focus quickly on the front bead, etc. Ron

8. victoria K

victoria K Member

If there is a rivet up front we can machine clearance over it on the bottom of the new ribs, we do it all the time for mid beads
    so you don’t have to remove it to install your new rib.

Vicki

9. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Thanks to Vicki Keen At Keensights and Ken Rucker, I now have exactly what I was looking for. Those folks do good work! Ron Renouf

10. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Ron, Next time you are goofing around near your gun cabinet it would be great to see a few photos of the finished product. Kind Regards-Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning braoadway rib