1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Broadway Brownings

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 15thct, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 15thct

15thct TS Member

What is the diference between a Lightening version of the Browning Broadway Trap and the standard grade 1 version of the Browning Broadway trap?

Any comments on the Browning Broadway Trap relative to its shooting performance will be appreciated.

Bill Jefford

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The Lightning Barrels are lighter (thinner)

3. chemist

chemist Member

Broadway trap has 5/8" rib -I own several of 30 inch versions and they kick a bit more than other guns-I have installed a fully adjustable gracoil, and had the barrels ported, back bored, and lengthened forcing cones also had an adjustable comb added - reduced the recoil substantially-these are from the early 70's- I use my BT99 for trap singles - I love the 20 o/u lightning for birds - have had no mechanical problems but you need to ask a competitive shooter who really shoots a lot- mine have great wood - you can buy them at a reasonable price if you look around- there is one with 32 inch barrels for sale at my club for 1500.

rich

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The Lightnings were first introduced, I believe for 1960 with the introduction of the Broadway Rib in either 1963 or 64. I have an S5 ('65) Lightning that I have since put Briley thinwalls into. I use the gun for trap, skeet, sporting and upland - I like the wide rib and the gun is well balanced and comfortable to carry for extended periods.

I put a Pachmayer Decelerator pad on the butt to replace the aging ventilated pad, but other than that, have done nothing but enjoy its smooth shooting. Built tight and has stayed that way for 43 years!

The only thing about Superposed, is keep on about cleaning and attending to the chambers and bore - flash rust after extended use if exposed to some moisture/humidity.

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.