1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brng. BT-100 Forearm Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

My BT-100 has a difficult forearm. I have to really pull on the release lever to get it to release to the point I'm afraid I'll do some damage sometime. Lube is not the issue. In addition the BACK screw/bolt has a tendancy loosen up between 100-150 rounds. Tightening it up has no bearing on the tightness problem. Any answers I hope? Thanks, Dave

2. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Ahh more and more people are having this problem with browning products, however yours is the first 100 I have heard of having this problem.

My BT-99 Golden Clay also had this issue, the screw/bolt loosens up enough that it works upward to stop you from taking the forarm off.

Talk to Rod of Rod's Custom stocks he knows of some ways to fix this problem, I had my first one loosen up to the point it put a hair line crack in my forearm. The guys at Umbergers Stock fixed that and the crack look and holds great, and now this year, yep the other screw/bolt loosened up. Mine second bolt/screw had actually broke.

Rod has a way to fix this and I recommend his work highly.

Deb

3. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi dave, most likely the fit between the forearm lug on the bbl and the latch in the forearm is too tight. just a little fitting will releave this problem.

the screw coming loose can be fixed, if it is a machine screw, by cleaning the screw and the threaded part in the forearm with alcohol then a little blue loctite when assembling. if the back screw is a wood screw a small amount of epoxie jell in the hole before assembly will help.

good luck doug hubbart gunsmith (573)286-9905

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt 100 forearm releases easliy