1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Britt Robinson Clinic - San Antonio - Apr 4/5

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BrowningGal, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

For those interested, Britt Robinson is going to be doing a one day clinic at Bexar Community Shooting Range in Marion. Last I heard, there was one spot open on Friday, and 3 or 4 on Saturday. Marion is on the NE side of San Antonio just off IH-10 (Trainer Hale Rd exit, which is just a few miles past Loop 1604 and Randolph AFB).

Price is $200 plus targets. Mark Fox is arranging this with Britt, and I volunteered to put the word out so that we can fill up Saturday for Britt. If you can't get hold of Mark, you can call Bexar, or shoot me an email. Contact information follows:

Mark Fox 210-710-7451
    BCSR 830-914-2182

For those who don't know Britt, he's an amazing shooter and an amazing person. He's "good folk". You look at the history of champions at www.texastrap.com, and his name is all over it. He also has quite a track record at the Grand American. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1984 (http://www.traphof.org/inductees/robinson_britt.htm).

Now, just because one can shoot and win doesn't mean one can teach. I'm here to tell you that Britt can teach. I took his clinic last Aug before the new target year, and he was able to pinpoint where I was going wrong. Comparing my scores from the TX State Shoot to those at the first shoot of the year (TTA Zone V), it was amazing. I won trophies in three of the seven events, and I now actually have a shot at making the TX state team this year. In fact, I'm already signed up for his clinic so I can get me a tune-up. My scores have been less-than-stellar in the last couple months, and I can't pinpoint why.

2. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Britt has won more rings(9) at the Grand than anyone. He is a great coach and a fine Gentleman. You will not regret going to his clinic. He helped me immensely and my wife won't listen to anyone else, not even me LOL.

Browning gal, Tell Britt that Jimmy & Audrey said hello and we will see him in Post later this year.

Jimmy

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

You are close , Jimmy......Audrey listens to EVERYONE except YOU!! LOL!!

Ken Rucker

4. Amarillo GC

Amarillo GC Member

We have hosted Britt for numerous clinics at our club. Aside from all the great things that have been said about Britt, we would add to the point made above - that is, that Britt has a real knack for teaching. Not just telling, but actually getting the physical and mental aspects of shooting accross to shooters of all experience levels. And he does it with a lot of patience and a little humor. One the one hand his clinics are very low key and relaxed, while at the same time it's a lot of hands on, and at times, high intensity shooting. If you enjoy shooting and good company, it's a great way to spend the day.

5. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

RUCK, You are probably right. LOL She never has listened to me. Oh well, I don't listen to her either. LOL See Ya in San Antonio.

Jimmy

6. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Browning Gal: Say hi to Britt from Augie Daddi in San Diego. He ran a clinic in San Diego which at the time was Miramar Trap & Skeet Club; now SAN DIEGO Shotgun Sports. I took the clinic and found him to be a great instructor and even greater individual. Sad that several problems prompted him to give up competitive shooting.

Augie

7. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Don't want to bust Britt's bubble, cause he is a dear, longtime friend of Leo's, but his nine rings are just half of what Leo has. Tell Britt that Leo will be at the SW Grand and looking forward to seeing him.

8. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Trapwife, Sorry,I misspoke. What I should have said was, of the people that have won the Grand American Handicap, Britt has the most rings with 9. That is according to the OCT. 2006 issue of Trap & Field. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Jimmy

9. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

UPDATE:
    Friday was filled up, but then I moved to Sat. So, there is one spot left on Friday, and two spots left on Saturday. Those on the way to the SW Grand, just get there one week early and take advantage of this opportunity. See you there...

Oh, Bexar does registered shooting every Thu and Sat. So, if you take the Friday spot, you can stick around and shoot either day. No trophies or options. Just targets.

10. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

We were just talking about Britt today at the Club. While flipping through T&F it was interesting to see that Britt was the ONLY Captin of the All American Team for 5 years in a ROW (71, 72, 73, 74, 75). Quite impressive.

How many students does he have at these clinics?

11. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

One squad. Five students. It's an all day clinic, and you get plenty of individual attention from him. Well worth the money. Come prepared to shoot a lot of shells... especially if you're trying to nail down a specific issue.

12. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.