1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Britt Robinson Clinic in Kansas (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr. Lester, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Lester

Mr. Lester Member

April 2nd and 3rd at the Kinsley Gun Club in Kinsley Kansas, there will be a Britt Robinson Trapshooting Clinic. Tuition will be 300.00, plus targets.
    Contact Larry Skelton @ 620.285.5074

2. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

I took his class last year, two weeks later I made it to the 27,if he can't make you shoot better there's not much hope. John 8703697

3. ML

ML Member

To the TOP for one of the greatest shooters alive.

M.L.

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Great teacher, great guy.....his clinics are worth every $.01.....

5. Mr. Lester

Mr. Lester Member

The Britt Robinson Trapshooting clinic scheduled for April 2nd and 3rd is full.
    We are now taking enrollment for Thursday March 31st and April 1st. If some one wants to enroll and can only attend the weekend dates, please let Larry know.
    We have a couple of Shooters that would move to week day dates. Thank You

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Tell Britt the next time he passes through Rapid City, SD I'm treating to a big steak dinner.

Whiz

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I took it, and after shooting poorly for the last couple of years, Britt had me shooting very well. Went to the league the next day and ran the very first trap in windy conditions. I won Lady's class, which is not saying much because there were only 2 of us. If I hadn't declared, I would have won my singles/HC class by 5 targets...and that is saying something.

Britt was able to fix my problems in all of about 15 minutes flat. Now, it's just a matter of getting out there and shooting my gun until I get familiar with it.

I am a big fan of Britt's. He fixed multiple problems, not just one: better gun fit, better stance, better target acquisition, stopped moving gun before seeing the target, and a LOT more confidence. THANK YOU BRITT!!!

(He's also a very nice, respectful guy with a lot of fun trap stories).

8. whiz white

RECURVARCHER: I believe he calls it "fudgin'"! Followed shortly thereafter with a thump from the cord! ;-)

WW

9. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Recurvey:

So now after the Britt class, you are wearing jeans when you shoot with a skoal in the back pocket, shooting a Ljutic Monogun, a black cowboy hat, black vest and break targets about 10.5 feet out of the traphouse. Also ask Martin but Britt used to make Bonillas look slow when shooting doubles.

Bob Gibson

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Bob she was enlightened to his speed long before she ever met Britt. There are two people on the east coast whom she was impressed via swiftness of trigger. There are only semi close to Britt.

Also as a fellow Cope dipper, less get the specific flavor correct. Us real dippers are cranky gents :)

11. whiz white

Bob G: Boy, when I first started in the early 70's, I used to watch Briit and Larry Gravestock shoot doubles. You are right about his speed. He shot the second target about the time the others broke the first one. I swear Britt could see the clays lying on the arm just prior to release.

He taught me to shoot fast too, so I've been plagued with that my whole life in shooting. As Britt used to say, you can break the target before the Lord gets a change to alter it. It's all about paying attention and timing.

WW

12. recurvyarcher

I can do all of that except for the tobacco.

He DOES have me shooting the target pretty quickly, which is how I used to shoot. Martin gets a lot of credit for putting up with me. He pointed out the same problems that Britt told did for me. Britt had a trick to show me how to fix those problems, though.

13. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

I shot one of my last years as a junior at the Vandalia Grand in 1971-72 when you threw you ticket into the pot and the ATA assigned you to a squad. I was sitting in my parents motorhome and my buddy from PA came in and asked how do you think you will shoot tomorrow and I said it is handicap it could be anywhere. He said you better shoot really well otherwise you will be embarassed. I asked why and he said you are on post 4 Bonillas is on 1, John Hall is on 2 Bob Oxsen, the Federal Rep is on3 you are on 4 and that other guy from Texas Gravestock is on 5. I broke the first 25 and everyone missed one It was the GAH and we started right out in front of the beer tent so naturally there was a huger crowd. We moved something like 12 traps and I broke the second 25 and Bonillas and Robinson broke them all and the other guys missed one. WE went west another 12 traps and the crowd was still big and the girl scoring says who is famous on this squad and Bonillas pointed at me and said "him now".......... 22x25.What got me was how these guys read the trap even with the interruptors and how fast Britt broke the handicap bird just out of the house. Gravestock was no slouch either. I think if I started wearing that Black cowboy hat I will have shot better........ I remember Martin wore cowboy hats.

14. recurvyarcher

Martin wore cowboy hats? I want a picture of that. LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.