1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

British Trap Club - Looks like a good time

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    I'm working with a fellow from London who recently received the following invitation:

"There are just a few places left for the Clay Pigeon Shoot which the Younger Members’ Committee has organised at the impressive EJ Churchill Shooting Ground near High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire on Saturday 13 September.

"A packed afternoon will begin with a light lunch then members will be split into groups for practice and expert tuition which will then progress to some individual and team competitions.

"It will be a great day for either the complete novice who wishes to have an introduction to the sport or for the experienced gun who wishes to get their eye in for the season ahead.

"The total cost will be £89.00 which includes light lunch, gun hire, tuition and up to 80 Cartridges and Clays per person.

"We will meet at 12 for 12.30 on Saturday 13th September 2008, at the shooting ground.

"If you would like to book your place please reply to this email and include either your debit or credit card details (remembering that we have to add 3% for credit cards), or send a cheque payable to “XXXXXXXX Club (London) Ltd, or you can, as usual, book and pay on the website."

I've posted the link above for you all to take a look at. Looks like a beautiful spot to have some fun shooting. If ever I'm in London, I may just try to go there.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
  2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Jul 29, 2006
    Blackshear, Georgia
    Gene, back in 1968 - 1969 I used to shoot skeet at High Wycombe. I was in the Air Force and bought my first SKB O/U for $150.00 at the Rod and Gun Club at Chicksands AFB where I was stationed. We also shot at Mildenhall and Croughton. I didn't know of any British fields in the area at the time but hunted Phesants in the brussel sprout fields in the area. I loved it and hope to visit over there again the next couple of years. Jackie B.
  3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Near but not in chicago
    Glen, looks like their standing in bunkers are they expecting the clays to shoot back? LOL.
    Really looks nice and expensive! My last trip to England , my brother-in-law a friend and I spent $750.00 at the bar in a few short hours shouldn't have ordered the cigars I guess.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.