1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bristol Nascar race

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Russ-in-Pa, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Anyone watching the race notice all the empty seats in the stands?

It looks half empty.

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Yup. Poor economy and some bad decisions by NASCAR over the years have led to this. You can even buy good tickets, from the track, for the night race. At one time those were the most difficult tickets to get in ALL of sports!!

3. JT 27

JT 27 Member

A whole lot like an ATA shoot.

4. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

A lot of the empty seat are due to a weather forecast that called for rain and 50 degrees, instead we have partly sunny skies and 62 degrees.

Food City the race sponsor gave away 10,000 tickets to employees and the track owner is giving away 10 new Mustangs to a few lucky ticket holders.

Tim

5. Terry_Maiden

Terry_Maiden TS Member

Its still kind of early for big crowds. When folks know for sure there will be good weather they will turn out for the races.

6. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Don't worry, NASCAR will make up for the empty seats by hitting a couple of drivers with fines. Thy shall not bad mouth the Frances.

Van

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Remember when the Brickyard 400 was sold out for the first seven years straight?

Bob Falfa

8. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

High ticket prices. for one.

Plus you can't bring a bus or converted party wagon on the infield camping grounds, if it is not self contained at most other tracks. I understand Bristol does not apply to this point.

Nascar has priced the people out of the revenue, the people that made the sport what it was.

Plus, they shut down the good old tracks to make more dates available for new venues to have empty stands.

North Wilkesbaro, Rockingham, Hickory.

Nascar continues taking tracks away from the heart of what built it.

Greed kills the sport

9. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

All one has to do is see what camping spaces,parking and motel rooms go for and its easy to see why the stands are half empty. Bad or good weather. I have a friend who HAD premium seats. Every year he ran them in the paper and made a killing on them. Then he started having to let them go for face value just to hold the seats. Then he started selling them at discount to hold the seats. He finally let them go.......NASCAR/motosports WWF has done it to themselves by pushing a pretty boy politically correct image. There is no where but down from here on out. A good sponsorship used to be 25-30 million a year. 10-12 is a good one now and going DOWN every year.

10. avery53

avery53 Member

All the Hupolla leading up to the race, parading around their trophy wives, carrying their kids around showing them off. It's suppose to be racing, not a reality show.
    Now they lightened uo the cars to make them drive easier, ( for Danica???? )
    It boils down to the NASCAR we loved, just plain sucks anymore.
    I never missed a race, but now seldom watch, unless it is a short track.

JMHO

11. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

I started going to the Brickyard 400,from the first race, I had 4 GREAT seats(N.E.Vista) ---in '08 I put my tickets FOR SALE in the local paper at 1/2 face value------I did not get one call

Don't think I would go to another race at Indy-if the tickets were free

12. thunder

thunder Active Member

This is one rough crowd. Economy is hurting everywhere, gas prices all time high this winter, greedy hotel & campgrounds pricing killing average person. When you go to a race tickets is the least of expense, most tracks lowered ticket prices. It was a great race and in general Nascar racing has been best ever.

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I love people but hate drunken crowds. TV is my MO, and I get a fresh glass of wine during commercials. Make dinner too. Yesterday was corned beef and cabbage. Great stuff.

14. hoot619

hoot619 Member

MIA,how about your recipe for same Ken U I know this shouldn't be here but
    I did watch some of the race more worried about stomach.

15. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I have been to 7 Bristol Night races, not one day race. Tent camped once, motor home twice, stayed with friends twice, hotel twice. "MOTOR HOME" only way to go, after race traffic horrible, but stay at track its a party.

I could care less about a live day race, but, the BRISTOL night race, now that my friends is what Saturday night short track racing is all about.

I went when they said you can not get a ticket, I got all mine on the 4 lane in Johnson city, great seats $5.00 over face value, some at face value.

Look at the seats at the Night Race, big differance in attendance.

Sundays race was damn good, if you are a race fan, if you are a whinner and complainer, well, nothing makes you folks happy.

16. 9manfan

9manfan Well-Known Member

391 shooter, have to agree with ya,the racing at Bristol was very good, if a person didn't enjoy that race you'll probably never like one.

Alot of empty seats yes but still a decent crowd, I was surprized they even got the race in according to the weather forcast, so I'm sure that kept a few people home. I really want to get to the Bristol nite race in my life time yet.

I've only been to 3 races in my life, but the funnest one was when the wife and I and our 3 boys rented a motorhome and went to Michigan back in 1998, tickets were tuff to come by then, had a great time camping there and meeting some great race fans, and actually got to see my favorite driver Dale Sr. race, the same year he won the Daytona 500, dang that's along time ago already........

17. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Hey look on the bright side. The chick got inside the top 30......barely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.