1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bringing gun parts into Canada from the U.S

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Logan_p, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan_p

Logan_p TS Member

I have seen a couple K-80 receivers and gun barrels for sale on this site and I am wondering. Do you have to go through all the paperwork and have a Licensed dealer to bring in barrels and receivers?. Or can you just buy them and have them shipped to your door?

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The Reciever is the gun . It,s the only part that really counts .
    You can ship barrels-stocks - triggers and the like without any problems but the reciever is the gun . (BY LAW)

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

So then what's the process or involvement?

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

The receiver is the firearm. It can be exported from the US into Canada via a US FFL with an export permit. Since it is a casual export and not a commercial one, the process is much simpler and very easy. First you need to find the exporting FFL. After purchasing the receiver or complete firearm, you register it in Canada and have it shipped to the FFL. Once you have your Canadian registration certificate you can arrange to meet the FFL at Canada Customs. Pay the taxes and show the registration certificate, pay the FFL and take your new firearm home. I've done it twice. Bill Malcolm

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Firearm Imports to Canada

http://www.losttarget.com/importfirearmcanada.htm

I just updated the page this AM. After a little more research I may be adding one or two more FFL's that will export to Canada.

If anyone is aware of an FFL that will export to Canada, please email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bringing gun parts from us to canada