1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Since us Trap shooters can't leave well enough alone, i figured somebody has surely tried this choke. So does anybody have any feedback on it? I can see the idea but i'm not sure i buy it. What do you guys make of it? Is it the next great thing? I'm not looking to get one, just curious for all the expert opinions. Besides, we needed another "choke thread" to argue about. :D
    [​IMG]

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Well it looks like it would keep the tube screwed in tight by shooting and might make cute smoke signals when fired BUT what else is it supposed to do?

--- Chip King ---

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Looks like the flash suppressor on my AR, maybe hides the flash from the shooters on either side.

4. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Looks like you could turn your 32" barrel into a 34" if you install these and add a little color. Even if it doesn't change your pattern, you'll look cool.

Never heard of this before-wonder if it really works ?

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Like Laugh-in used to say "Very Interesting". But not funny!!! Sounds good in theory??? Break-em all. Jeff

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Another gimmick...what happened to the "Diffusion" chokes that Briley marketed which cost a premium over other chokes...they had rifling in the choke and were "the latest & greatest"....ahhh Yankee ingenuity. Gotta give 'em credit for trying to sell another product to shooters who are always looking for "the EDGE". Best Regards, Ed

7. grntitan

But they are cool looking. I'll give 'em a 10 on the cool scale. I think its designed for guys like me that can't hit the broad side of a barn. We need to look good shooting bad. :)

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Everything you need to know about chokes is spelled W-R-I-G-H-T ' S !!!!! End of lesson.

Ken Rucker

9. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

WOW, lets reinvent the wheel next. when sales are down due to a slow economy you gotta keep those cadcam and edm's working. but your right it looks cool as hell. jack

10. sanremo

sanremo Member

Briley's Diffusion choke was a joke. that whole rifling scenario proved to be usless as witnessed by extensive patterning board work with several different factory loads. Im guessing this choke will be another ruse to get people to spend some cash at Briley. I have to admit the sinister look will probably sell !!! Before I would buy one Briley would have to give me one to test on a pattering board, if in fact it worked I would pay their price! An option to return for mney back guarrantee would sell these in a hurry!

11. grntitan

I have a friend that will use nothing but Comp-N-Chokes. They have the slits all around the exposed part of the the extended choke. Whether it works better or not i don't know but it shreads wad pastic. Its obvious from the bits of plastic hanging from them after a round of Trap or Sporting clays.

12. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

They're supposed to shred plastic. They advertise that it pulls the wad away from the shot.

As far as this choke, wouldn't spinning the shot put MORE resistance against the shot and make it shed energy even faster?

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I'd bet your money it works (Your money, get it?)

They do not make one for "thinwall" replacement... I could use the extra weight on the end of the bbl.

14. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Another way to spend your money. Reminds me of the barrel porting craze of several decades ago......

15. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Well,I guess it would be dependent on each individual barrel. So the way to prove it,is to get a ladder of Briley's choke tubes from the simplest to this one. Pattern them under same conditions.

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I agree with RunGun. They may very well work.

17. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

In the last two weeks my friend sold over 20 at a sporting clays shoot, the sporting guys love them. It's supposed to spin the center shot outword to give even pattern distribution. They are in short supply from Briley. Sold for $70 each.

18. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

The rifled chokes were to stop spinning of wad/load. Now we have a choke to induce spin.

Ain't marketing great! LOL

19. grntitan

Maybe we should put one in the gun to start the spinning and then one in front of it to stop the spinning.

20. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

When they come out in Titanium I plan to order several sets!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.