1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?? Briley vs. Wrights Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 687_SP_II, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

Has anyone patterened a Briley mod. choke (.020) and a Wrights #5 choke (.020)from the same gun and same shells? Just wondering witch one threw the best pattern?

2. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

To get a meaningful sample, how many shots though each choke would one have to do?

3. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Define "best".

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Briley Full and Wright's Full out of my Beretta 682 Gold E Trap Unsingle 10 shots each the Wright's threw more consistant patterns. As to which one was better, they both had nice patterns. The Wright's just seemed to repeat the same pattern over and over again. The Briley had alot more flyers in the outside rings. This test was done on the grease board at the WSRC. That was with 19gr Green Dot in a STS hull, W209 primer, Fig 8 wad and 1 1/8oz of #8 shot. Results from other guns may vary. Thats my story and i'm stick'n to it.

Matt

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Briley for 1 oz loads, no doubt!

MK

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

another vote for Briley's. Also, it will vary with every gun and every load you shoot. So to get your answer you will have to buy both and try your favorite load and test as many times as you feel are enough. Break-em all. Jeff

7. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Unless we know why you vote for this or that choke, what value is it?

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><i>"Unless we know why you vote for this or that choke, what value is it?"</i></blockquote>

That should be obvious: they cost $20 less and tested side-by-side, Brileys produced more uniform patterns with the same load formula from the same gun on the same day. On targets, Wright make chunks while Briley made crumbs.

Try hard to borrow tubes to try before you decide which to buy.

MK

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

On my MT-6.. Wright had it all over Briley chokes... On my 18.4 series3 they were about the same.. In my Remington 870 pump.. Briley won.. On my Perazzi with Series2 chokes Wright won.. and was farther topped by chokes by Steve Balswin.. I look at a uniform 24" at 30 yards.. nothing outside the ring counts.. A space that a target can get thru is instant failure if it happens more than 5% of the time.. A hot core is not a killer unless the rest of the pattern is poor.. I like tight chokes.. Test run on only .020 or higher..

10. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

I have never tried one of their chokes but I just checked their website and Wrights' prices are very reasonable. Neil

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Marc.. did you try Briley chokes and see if they worked any better??? Stu has done countless choketube threadings for me.. and each and everyone has been perfect... While I like his choketubes..for some barrels.. others perform better.. Why???? I don't have a clue.. I'd like to see you contact Stu.. and see what he can do to help.. I hate for any of my friends to have even 1 unhappy customer..

12. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

PBB,

PM sent, Marc

13. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

If anybody wants a #5 and a #6 Wrights extended choke tubes to fit a .750 bore Kolar I will let them go very cheap. Just speak up and they are yours.

14. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

You know Goose, some one will try them in their gun and they may work great. How do you figure? It makes no sense at all but it happens. Oh well, Bob :)

15. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Goose,,send me some more info. on the chokes (if still available),,,price ect.
    snglfoot@verizon.net
    Norman

16. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Briely - they are professionals

regards from Iowa

Gene

17. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Seems to me that how either one performs in anybody else's gun doesn't mean much. They're both good companies, but what matters is how they shoot in your gun. What shoots great in mine may suck in yours.

18. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Sent you an e-mail Norman.

Bob, I understand what your saying I just don't need them anymore. I figured someone mite want them for half price.

19. 3357

3357 Member

Briley has it all over wrights in my KX-5. I tested on paper, steel pattern board and targets. I wasted $ on the wrights, lesson learned.

20. overbored

overbored Member

ttttttttt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how are wrights chokes
patterns of wrights choke tubes

wright chokes

wright competition chokes
wrights choke tubes

wrights chokes