1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley titanium choke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

I have a Briley titanium on my Beretta Gold 682. The choke has NO grooves for tightening but just a universal tightener that fits with friction. It never fits as tight as other chokes with grooved tighteners. No matter how much I try to tighten it, it always comes loose after one round or so. Anyone have a similar problem and/or solution?

2. xxstr8jacketxx

xxstr8jacketxx TS Member

I've had it happen too it's because the barrel swels just slightly and the titanium doesent then the recoil makes it unscrew briley told me to use a heavy grease to take up the space it has worked so far

3. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

When I had some titanium chokes, this wrench was perfect for getting the chokes tight enough to not shoot loose. You just insert the wrench and tighten the knob. Then crank in the choke until tight. The "friction-clutch" design will let the wrench slip a bit when the choke is tight enough which prevents over-tightening. ....Rick

4. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

This is what I use. Works great. I recommend it over the Colonial because it offers a little more grip.

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

the Unknown1 Has the right take on this one. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.