1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley thin wall chokes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Perazzi-Mx8, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

I just got a perazzi mx8 with fixed chokes. The top is a little to tight for my liking and was considering briley thin wall chokes. Has anyone had any experience with them? How are they? Any things you don't like?

Thanks

Travis

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Travis.... You can't go wrong with the Briley thin wall chokes if you want to go the choke tube route. If it were my gun, I would have Tom Wilkinson, Kerry Allor, Eyster, or one of the many good barrel smiths out there just open up the choke only to give me the results I'm after, as I prefer fixed chokes. Of course if you are going to use the gun for Sporting, or other games, choke tubes may be the answer. I had Briley do a set of tubes for me and I was very pleased with their work... Just my experience.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I've got an MX-2000/10RS o/u barrel with Brileys. No problems.

4. skeezix

skeezix Member

I have s-1 series chokes in a Beretta 686. I use the gun primarily for waterfowl - so it used mostly with steel shot #4's to BB's. Never a problem.

John

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I too, am a fan. Have them in my personal MX3 and in my TMX

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I always have Stu Wright install whatever choketubes I require.. I love his work.. and never a problem.. Reasonable too.. and always easy to reach.. He does the Briley chokes as well as just about any other thread you might require..

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Thinwalls in my Superposed... excellent!

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.