1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley subgauge tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by headhunter, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Could anyone give me some advice about the Briley subgauge sets. Are the Companion ultralights as good as the fitted ultralights? I like the idea of being able to change from one gun to another. Does anyone have any experience with the Companions? Thanks for any info.

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I had a set of Companions. They were so loose in the front that I ended up wrapping them with aluminum furnace tape. Not too keen on the nylon button holding them in.

Fitted tubes are the same money and they are lighter. You will be happier with the fitted tubes in the long run.

I now have a full set of Ultralites in a browning 425.

Jim Skeel

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

headhunter,

You have a private message.

Matt Woodson

4. fly

fly Active Member

all you need to do for the loose Companion's is change the choke to get a better fit, eliminating the rattle, however that won't effect on how they shoot. Fitted is better, but if you want to swap gun to gun, it's a no brainer.

5. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

thanks for the input. I heard about a anoying rattle from someone, but wasn't sure if it was a common problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.