1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley Sidekicks Vs Siminole Chamber Mates

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

If you had to buy one or the other in 12 to 20 gauge,what would be your choice?? sidekicks are a bit longer than chambermates,and i have read the sidekicks have had problems with the nylon on the end not lasting a long time,as well as the chambermates o-rings needing replaced quite often. full length tubes are not an option for me, i dont want the extra pounds added and neither is buying a 20 gauge gun..

Bill

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I have both, Sidekicks in 28 gauge and Chambermates in 20 gauge, and they both have their strenghts and weaknesses.

The Brileys have no chamber seal, so they allow gases back to your breech face, which makes your gun dirty.

The Chambermates are a little harder to push into the chamber, and you have to replace the o-rings about every 100 shots or so (that's about as long as they last for me, anyway.) But the o-rings aren't terribly expensive.

Briley will replace the little nylon button at no charge when it wears out.

I have heard Briley will let you add on full length tubes to your Sidekicks at a discount if you want to do that later.

To me, its a push, with a slight edge to the Chambermates for the o-ring keeping the gases from migrating bnack to your breech.

But, I suppose a machinist could cut an o-ring groove for you in a set of the Sidekicks for the same result.

Tim

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Wrap the o-ring with plumber's teflon tape to protect it and improve the seal.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

the chanmbermates can be touchy about what shells go through them, something they tell you up front on the web site. This can differ from gun to gun. My XT with 20g chambermate takes remington STS, sureshot, and exspress shells no problem. gun club iffy. estates no. AAs touchy also. federal heavy feild loads good wally 4 packs no. Other shooter at the club with a K gun everything but AAs and STS sticks. The K gun also seems to loose the o ring grip quicker. About 100 rounds for my XT. can be tough getting them out. For the money and what I use them for they are great. Also they have a 30day money back. your not happy ship them back. My gun and scores are best with Remington 1oz #8 heavy dove sure shots, no powdery mess or funny sounds. works just fine with my current choke set up.

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

i am going to order a set of the 20 gauge chambermates tommorrow,used the club managers set tonight and i am satisfied with how they function and eject using aa hs with 12 grains of red dot,pmc primers,claybuster 7/8 wad,with 3/4 oz of 9s from 16 yard line,no recoil

bill

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Mac,

They're both touchy on shells.

AA's STS's, and Estate/Federals (or reloads using those hulls) work fine in my Sidekicks, but everything else sticks.

7. Bridger

Bridger Member

I really don't see the point of buying either one with so many good 7/8 oz or even 3/4 ounce loads available. Unless you're shooting the 20 gauge in competition what can be gained?

8. nipper

nipper TS Member

i am going to shoot the 20, i have several 3/4 and 7/8 12 gauge loads i shoot as well.

bill

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I bought mine specifically for 20g club shoot. Also had a few member piss and moan because for some reason They believe I had an advantage??? Also good if you do not reload and want to shoot very light recoil loads. In my area you will not find the lighter factory 12g loads. Dicks had the STS managed recoil and Win AA feather lites when they first opened, after about 9 months they no longer stocked them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
briley chamber mates
briley side kicks remington gun club
briley sidekicks chambermates for 28 gauge
briley sidekicks dirty

briley sidekicks problems

briley vs gauge mate vs seminole
sidekicks vs chambermates