1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley Side Kick Tube Set

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Anchorsteam, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

They pattern more than well enough to shoot skeet.

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

why do you think they produce them??

3. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

I've got a set of Briley side kicks 12 to 20 I'll let go for 1/2 price........$150.00 plus ship. I know they fit in a Browning XT, don't know about the rest.GaryL.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dont expect them to eject the shells but do expect your squadmates to be pissed off as you have to pry the shells out each time and delay everyone

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

If you are a casual skeet shooter they might be okay. I had some 20 ga. sidekick tubes and could run a straight with them on occasion.

Two negatives:

The tubes are held in place by a Delrin button ( some type of plastic ) and it wears rather quickly. When it wears too much the tubes won't stay in place. The ejector works off of your gun's ejector. If the Sidekick tube rotates out of place, the ejector doesn't function properly or at all.

Obviously the tubes are not full barrel length - far from it. Therefore, when the wad/shot reaches the end of the Sidekick tube the wad petals then spread open to the diameter of the barrel bore - presumably 12 ga. I have no scientific proof, but I am of the opinion when this happens the wad pressure/seal is affected and causes the pattern to blow out with resulting holes in the pattern. I've not been to the patterning board to confirm this.

I think your money would be better spent on either customer fitted tubes or at the least, the Companion tubes also made by Briley.

If you plan on doing any serious skeet shooting i.e. registered targets . . . the only way to go is a fitted tube set.

If your intent is to shoot live game of some sort, buy a different gun for that purpose. The Sidekick tubes are, at best, a poor man's subsitute to enable you to shoot a smaller gauge in a larger barrel.

Good luck

6. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

....alternativley you can get a set of nearly the same tubes from Cabelas for 60 bucks or so. But unlike the Sidekicks, you don;t have ejectors. The Cabelas system will eject the entire 20 gage tube and you then have to pry the spent shell from the tube. The Sidekick will eject your spent 20 gage hull. For 2 hundred bucks more you might be better off with a Companion, full-length tube set. I have a set of Stinger short tubes that I will sell for 650 bucks shipped. The 20 gage and the 410 have not been fired, the 28 gage has been fired. These tubes sound about like full length tubes. It's a nice set that I don;t use.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dont expect them to eject the shells but do expect your squadmates to be pissed off as you have to pry the shells out each time and delay everyone

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

If you are a casual skeet shooter they might be okay. I had some 20 ga. sidekick tubes and could run a straight with them on occasion.

Two negatives:

The tubes are held in place by a Delrin button ( some type of plastic ) and it wears rather quickly. When it wears too much the tubes won't stay in place. The ejector works off of your gun's ejector. If the Sidekick tube rotates out of place, the ejector doesn't function properly or at all.

Obviously the tubes are not full barrel length - far from it. Therefore, when the wad/shot reaches the end of the Sidekick tube the wad petals then spread open to the diameter of the barrel bore - presumably 12 ga. I have no scientific proof, but I am of the opinion when this happens the wad pressure/seal is affected and causes the pattern to blow out with resulting holes in the pattern. I've not been to the patterning board to confirm this.

I think your money would be better spent on either customer fitted tubes or at the least, the Companion tubes also made by Briley.

If you plan on doing any serious skeet shooting i.e. registered targets . . . the only way to go is a fitted tube set.

If your intent is to shoot live game of some sort, buy a different gun for that purpose. The Sidekick tubes are, at best, a poor man's subsitute to enable you to shoot a smaller gauge in a larger barrel.

Good luck

9. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

....alternativley you can get a set of nearly the same tubes from Cabelas for 60 bucks or so. But unlike the Sidekicks, you don;t have ejectors. The Cabelas system will eject the entire 20 gage tube and you then have to pry the spent shell from the tube. The Sidekick will eject your spent 20 gage hull. For 2 hundred bucks more you might be better off with a Companion, full-length tube set. I have a set of Stinger short tubes that I will sell for 650 bucks shipped. The 20 gage and the 410 have not been fired, the 28 gage has been fired. These tubes sound about like full length tubes. It's a nice set that I don;t use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
briley sidekick reviews
briley sidekicks

briley sidekicks reviews

delrin button briley
how to clean brily sidekick
performance of briely sidekick tubes
side kick chamber inserts review
skeet guns with briley side kicks