1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley or Kolar Tube Set?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trinketshooter, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Who makes the best sub-gauge tube set, Briley or Kolar, and why?
    Neil Swenson

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

From what I have heard, and found out, they are about the same. No real big differences at all, other than the fact that Briley has the better dealer warranty.Oh Yeh, they give out more free chokes at the time you buy and sell the chokes cheaper if you buy any at a later date. That's why I bought mine from Briley. Break-em all Jeff.

3. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

barrel sets

4. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

I have had them all ,kolar ,briley,parbaugh ,shorties and others,Briley hands down,much more options and models and outstanding warranty, Dan Witcher

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have distributed both brands. Briley has a longer turnaround, but I think is the better deal. Go ahead and spring for the Ultimate Ultralites. The straight rifling makes the little guns roar, makes the 20 your main Skeet gun.

One can boil ATA Dubs with the 20ga tubes using IMOD/FULL chokes with regular 7 1/2 target loads.

BTW, I had some of the first Purbaugh tubesets made. Tubes have come a long way since then.

6. jbrucejr

jbrucejr Member

The only experience I have is with Briley and it has been great for the 3 years that I have had them.

You might want to talk to Billy about them if you see him.

See you at the Feb 22 shoot at Koch.

John

7. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

I have had both and my Briley Ultimate Ultra-lites are significantly better smoke epecially with the 410- I also seem to hit more withthe Briley's.

8. skeet100

skeet100 Member

Having had both over the years and I have had both screw up on NEW sets in NEW guns..........If you ever have to deal with John Ramagali, Rags, spelling could be wrong on his name, the man in charge of tube sets at Kolar, you will never want anything but Briley for the rest of your life.

Please know you have been warned from someone who has been down the road.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

either- have owned several of both

10. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

just a heads up that most dont know about if u go through ROBERT PAXTON arms he saves you 100 bucks off the price, buy the briley's

11. 682b

682b Member

I have had both and did not find any difference between the two The comments about John at Kolar are in my opinion well founded. He likes to be involved and I just won't talk to him. Others may find his hands on approach refreshing. I will only speak to Jeff Mainland or Mark. I do have to say this, If you have a 680 series Beretta have Kolar do the trigger conversion. These are just my opinions.

12. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Thank you all for taking the time to give me your input. And John, I am looking forward to seeing you on the 22nd of Feb for the shoot. I hope that the weather is better than it was at last weeks shoot at Koch. Everyone take care and break 'em all!
    Neil

13. finger

finger TS Member

I have Briley Ultimate Ultralights in my Kolar skeet gun. That should tell you something. bob finger

14. 800Shotgun.com

800Shotgun.com TS Member

I have shot both for years, lots, I can honestly say they are both great products. there is not a wrong answer.
    If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to call.
    Kurt

15. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The few times I needed work done (tubes), Kolar had a great turnaround time. The last time within the same week.

16. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Kolar...no doubt about that.

When I bought mine, Briley couldn't have given two hoots in hell about talking to me. I called Kolar and ended up having Rags call me back at about 7pm his time and talking to me for 30 minutes.

Great folks, great service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
briley sub gauge tube reviews
briley tube set dealers
briley vs kolar tubes
brilily tube set
kolar or briley

kolar vs briley tube sets