1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley helix choke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

Just bought a Briley helix choke for my Browning BT-99 Grade III and it worked well. A friend with a Browning BT-99 Golden Clays with Invector Plus chokes. It was too tight and did not fit. It was tight but we interchanged chokes he has used with ones I have used and there is an ever-so-slight difference in the opening. Anyone experience anything like this? I intend to call Briley and ask them as well..

2. rollie

rollie Member

Franktri ,Just wanted to make you aware of a possible problem with the Briley helix choke. Several shooters have been hit with either part of a plastic wad or pellet when shooting on the same squad with someone using the Briley helix choke .There was a thread last week on this site on this subject.---Rollie Ashbaugh

3. Franktri

Franktri Member

I wonder if Briley knows of this?

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

They blame it on the ammo...

Edit: I'm confident they will blame the ammo...

5. rollie

rollie Member

BigM, Did you get your information from Briley? ---- Rollie

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

No, but that's consistent with other manufacturers explanations....

Just my "guess".

7. Franktri

Franktri Member

I emailed Briley and this under investigation. They referred me to their Italian YouTube (www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mNlexCqnnw). In it they show slo-mo of the Helix, which arouses more doubt. They claim they're investigating further and that, they believe, happens when fiber wads are used. However, the plastic, all-enveloping wad seems to contain all the shot until it leaves the barrel, leaving me with the thought that the concept of twisting and more uniform patterns is all wet.

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"...the concept of twisting and more uniform patterns is all wet..."

Well stated.

They're probably not any worse than any other product Briley makes, but they're also not notably better than any other quality choke on the market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

briley invector plus helix choke do they work