1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley Ext. sporting clays or Briley Specrum?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by famill00, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I am fixing to buy a couple more choke tubes for my 1100. Is the spectrum choke from briley worth the exta money over the extended sporting clays choke?

Thanks,
    Forrest

2. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Is the Mercury worth more than the Ford?

0 performance difference IMO.

3. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

No. Same choke (per my Briley contact). Save your money and get the regular X-2. Hace you mic'd your bore?

4. front242

front242 Member

Ok, This is probably a stupid question but here goes...

When you mic your bore, do you have to do it down below the choke threads or just at the end of the barrel? My mic can't reach down below the threads on my barrel. If you have to get below the threads, is there a tool to do this that doesn't cost the equivalent of a San Diego house payment?

F242

5. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

front242,

I think when they tell you to measure the bore, they're talking about the end of the barrel you put the shells in at (chamber)! If you wanted to know the constriction of a choke, the choke tube would have to be in the barrel and you would subtract the diameter of the bore (minus) the diameter of the chamber. Hopefully I'm not steering you wrong here, if I am, someone will chime in to tell me I'm a moron... :p

6. front242

front242 Member

Justin,

If you stop and think about what you said, You'd see it was wrong. If there were different chamber sizes, how could you standardize ammo? In your scenario, over bored guns would have chambers that the shell rattles around in.

I'll stop short on the moron business...

:)

F242

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.