1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley Drop in Tube Set question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yvonne, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I just bought a set of 20 ga full length Drop in Tube Set~Briley for my 32" CG 12 ga. I set the tubes in and they're almost 1/2" shorter than my barrel (with the 20 ga choke tubes inserted) I can see and feel almost 1/2" of my 12 ga threads. Is this normal? Can I shoot the gun, with the 20 ga tubes and chokes thru my 12 ga barrel? They fit nice and snug, but I'm abit worried about what I see when I look down the muzzle.

2. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.You bought a Briley Companion(as opposed to specifically fitted)tube to go in your 12 guage gun.They are designed to work with the 12 guage chokes in place.You should not have bare threads in the 12 guage barrel.The 1/2 inch isn't a big deal EXCEPT you must clean the 12 guage barrel before using it to shoot 12 guage.

3. yvonne

These are Briley Companion INVP ONLY full length that work with 20 ga choke tubes. I have a 12 ga barrel. From reading the booklet, I remove my 12 ga chokes...I insert the full length tubes and then screw in the 20 ga chokes. When I go to screw in the 20 ga chokes, there is still almost 1/2" of my 12 ga barrel choke inside showing. Does anyone know what INVP means?

4. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

On my set, I put the 12 ga skeet chokes in. Then insert the 20 ga tubes.

If the tube set has removable chokes, I put them in before i drop the tubes in the 12 gauge.

5. yvonne

OK! Now I understand what I did wrong. I removed the 12 ga chokes from the 12 ga barrels before I inserted the 20 ga Briley Companion tubes. I'm supposed to leave the chokes in my 12 ga barrel. Then insert the 20 ga tubes and the 20 ga choke tubes. Thanks a bunch everyone :)

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Yvonne, Most tube sets are made to have the Skeet chokes in both of your 12 ga. barrels BEFORE you install the tube set. Now even thought your tubes are a 1/2 inch short there should be no problem because of that, however the wrench that you need to use to change chokes in your tube set may not work with the tubes installed and the tubed chokes being l/2 inch INSIDE the barrel. You may have to remove the tubes to change out the 20 ga. chokes, or install them with the ones you want in from the get go. Now go out and Break-em all. Jeff

7. creek

creek Member

"however the wrench that you need to use to change chokes in your tube set may not work with the tubes installed and the tubed chokes being l/2 inch INSIDE the barrel. You may have to remove the tubes to change out the 20 ga. chokes, or install them with the ones you want in from the get go".

Never, never change your chokes in a tube without removing the tube first.
    If you start cranking on your tube with a choke wrench while they are inserted, you will tear up your ejectors on the tube as soon as the tube turns; and it will turn.

Just a frindly suggestion.
    John Radtke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
briley companion install

briley drop in companion tubes

briley full length tubes
briley invp full
briley tubes 12 gauge

drop in chokes tubes for 12 gauge

how to install briley tubes video