1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley Companion Drop In Tube Sets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadhead358, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Can anyone give me info on these tube sets? Good or bad. Do they use o rings? These are the premade ones not the fitted ones. Thanks Tom

2. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Go to Briley's Web site (shortcut above) and read what they have to say first.

None have o-rings but do have nylon buttons on the chamber end to keep the tubes tight.

For me, even the ultralites are too heavy. I went with the Rhino Stingers.

The Companion tubes are meant to go into a barrel with skeet chokes.
    They are made specific for shotgun brands, i.e. bore diameter specific.

They are well made and include choke tubes.

I know many people that have them and enjoy them. They just did not work for me.

Best regards, Bob

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Companions work- and you can have shorter tubes - so choke doesnt matter

ie 28 inch in a 32 inch barrel- so if you have a fixed choke full gun it will still work-

Briley says you can have tubes up to 6 inches shorter than the barrel and the shot charge will not hit the existing barrel choke.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

For what it's worth I have 2 sets of companions. I have a 12ga to 20ga. set & a 12 ga. to 28 ga. set. I do like both of them alot. These tubes I have are for 30 in. barrels & have choke tubes in them. I also have a set of 12 ga. to 20 ga. chambermates. No comparison, I guess the you get what you pay for adage is true in this case. The chambermates use a rubber o ring that is always breaking, the companions fit as Smithy47 mentioned. On my 20 ga. set I do have to use skeet chokes to fit them in, however, my 28 ga set fits fine in all but one of my full choke guns??? Hope this helps some. Colonel

5. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

I have been on their web site and it does not say much about anything. Thats why I am asking. Their web site is useless except for prices and they are high. I can buy the same tubes made by Briley sold by MPC Sports for $150 less than Briley has them listed for on their site. Whats up with that?

6. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

I have had the same set of tubes in 3 differeant Citoris. They rattle some but get the job done. They are Kohlers.

I have Brileys also, and switch them around in any gun they will fit into.

Take care,

Jim

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Briley also makes side kick tubes that are just like Rhino stingers or chamber mates. Except they don't have the O-rings. they have nylon buttons just like the companion tubes.

I have a set in 12 to 28 and they work very well at least for me I have shot some good scores with them.

"I can buy the same tubes made by Briley sold by MPC Sports for $150 less than Briley has them listed for on their site. Whats up with that?"

Must be like Dillion Reloading machines. If I buy from Dillion it is one price. If I buy from Graf & Sons it is less and there is no shipping charge. So whats up with that??????

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
briley companion drop in tubes
briley companion drop-in tube sets
briley companion tubes

briley companion tubes for sale

briley tube sets

briley tube sets for sale

briley tubes for sale
used briley companion tubes for sale