1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley chokes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dynasty, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dynasty

dynasty TS Member

I have been seeing alot of discussion lately about which choke tubes are the best. I was just wandering if Briley chokes are really that "special?" Are they really worth the extra money? And have any of ya'll ever heard of New Line chokes?

2. dynasty

dynasty TS Member

3. dynasty

dynasty TS Member

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

dynasty,
    Here is what I have found. The "singles" choke that came with my 1100 is an improved modified. With it I can hit fairly well back to the 23 yard line. With the Briley extended IM I can crush targets all the way back to the 27. The Briley choke is BY FAR superior to the remchokes.

Forrest

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Try Ballistic Specialties' choke tubes. They are fantastic. And, half the price of the Briley product. Mike your bore, Ballistic likes to match their chokes to your bore.

6. Bob Wilson

Bob Wilson TS Member

I shoot Berettas with Briley chookes. I have found the Brileys shoot tighter with a more uniform pattern than the Beretta chokes.

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I had a barrel done with the Nu-line extended chokes. I wasn't impressed and I sold the barrel , bought a new one, and then sent it to have Briley do the thin walls for a sx-1 that I once shot. I know have several that are ground to the choke that I want and just shoot them. Nothing in the world wrong with choke tubes, I just hate to fool with them. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.