1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley Chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Basfshmn, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Member

I just purchased my first Choke tube gun. It is a Browning golden clays and was wanting to get some briley chokes for it. I was wondering if I get the extended chokes, do you see the choke on the end of the barrel when mounted or should I go with the flush mount ones, could ya give me your opinion on which to get. Thanks Rick

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Extended chokes are easier to change by hand. JM

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Extended chokes have longer, smoother transitions to the parallel section. Similar to the old high quality fixed choke barrels. Imho

4. Animal

Animal Member

I have extended chokes in all of my brownings, including Briley's. In my opinion, the Briley stainless knurled extended chokes are as good as any, tough, simple and easy to clean. I don't see a need for any of the chokes with all of the "ports and gingerbread." As JM mentioned, a lot of the extended chokes can be changed by hand without the need for a tool if you keep them cleaned and lubed properly. The knurled stainless Briley's really make it easy and are very durable. Some of the pretty looking color tipped chokes are easily marred. As far as seeing the extended chokes while shooting, I never notice them so thats not even an issue. Dave S.

5. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

My Ljutic Pro 3 LTX came from the factory with Briley Chokes. They are the flush type and throw as good a pattern as I have ever put on paper. The chokes I have are very long and probably would not benefit by being extended. That being said I would probably opt for the extended chokes as they offer protection for the end of the barrel if bumped or when resting on a pad between shots. I have other guns with bright SS extended chokes that offer no vision problems when going for the bird. Marc

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Extended Brileys aren't visible or distracting to me, they are easier to remove or replace, and they just happen to extend the length of the barrel some if that's a desirable feature........breakemall

7. Basfshmn

Basfshmn Member

Thanks everyone, I ordered the extended chokes on your opinions you have given me.. Thanks So Much Rick

8. quartering

quartering Active Member

that gun comes with five, diamond grade, invector plus extended choke tubes. why are you changing to briley? thanks

9. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

quartering has a good point, but if you want Brileys I perfer the extended. Some reasons include, they are easier to change, you always know what constriction you have in which can saves time, and if you drag the muzzle on the ground, chokes save the barrel. Face it, chokes are alot cheaper to replace than repairing a barrel. JMO. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.