1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley Choke Tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sydney7, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sydney7

sydney7 TS Member

I am thinking of getting Briley Choke Tubes ,What do you guys think of them?How are the patterns at long and short range?Are they worth the money?And if so the spectrums,ported or not ported.Thx.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I have had the best results from bore-matched Angleport Extended Chokes. With that said, Briley makes a good product.

3. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

I have purchased several of the Briley chokes and as already stated they work well. I recently bought some of the Carlson brand chokes for an XT trap I bought, I think I am actually happier with them and the price is better than the Brileys.

4. hschwartz

hschwartz TS Member

I have been using Briley chokes for the better part of 20 years. I recently had my Perazzi MX8 fitted with thin walls. They pattern consistently and add no additional weight to the barrel. I would go with the standard chokes, not the ported as the ported chokes are loud, and stay dirty all the time.

Regards,

harvard

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

The Briley full that I have for my 682 is the only choke that goes in the gun. It just smokes targets when I do my part.

6. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I have Angleport for my new 687. I'm very happy with them. The measurements were very precise. I have owned Briley's for my Browning's. They were definitely better then the Browning chokes. Between the two I would rather go with the Angleport. Wrights are also a very good choke.

Dale

[​IMG]

7. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I've had some extended Brileys for years also. I like them. I'm using them in a Citori Trap and a BT-99. Full, Light Full and Imp. Modified. I would recommend them. My factory Browning tubes are not $#it, they pattern about the same, I like them because they are easy to change out when necessary.

I shoot some sporting with a Remington 1100, it came with a full complement of extended tube that supposedly are made by Briley. I like that set up also. I need to pick up (2) steel waterfowl extended tube for this fall, might just try the Carlson's in a black oxide finish.

8. IPMC_916

IPMC_916 TS Member

I have both Carlson and Briley tubes for my Browning. I have been shooting with the Carlson and am much happier with the patterning. Carlson has an awesome facitlity in Attwood, KS, with a computer patterning board. The best setup in the industry that I have seen!!

9. sydney7

sydney7 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are briley chokes worth the money

briley chokes worth the money
long range trap choke tube
using briley helix in citori