1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley Choke Tubes Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ron Frazier, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

My wife and I both shoot BT 99s for winter league. Briley sells tubes that go from $17 to $99. I was considering buying a set of the $17 tubes from lt. mod up to extra full to play around with in both guns. Once we both know our preferences for 16 and handicap maybe buying the more expensive model tubes.
    I know that Briley is a top name.
    Would all Briley tubes be considered an upgrade from factory tubes? ( Better pattern and consistancy?
    What would be the major difference between the "cheap" and "expensive" Briley tubes?
    Thoughts on this from all of you "older and wiser" shooters?

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

The cheap tubes are flush mounted and the expensive ones are extended and ported and probably titanium. I suggest you buy the extended X2 ($39.95) choke for your BT-99 in Mod, Imod and Light full. These chokes throw good patterns and will work effectively from all trap field yardages. If you are going to shoot some other trap games then you might also want the full and extra full tubes. Bill Malcolm

3. willing

willing Member

I don't know if the expensive tubes differ from the cheaper except for length. I do know that the factory Browing flush tubes are differnt in measurement from the Browning. My Browning flush IM is ,020. The Briley Mod is .020. You can check these at the Browning and Briley sites.

Bill

4. Bob Wilson

Bob Wilson TS Member

I find that Brilry gives tighter but more uniform patterns than my factory chokes. I only use Briley today.

5. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

IMHO, extended choke tubes make sense if you are shooting a semiauto at sporting clays, and you want to change out chokes anyway during a round. The real benefit I see to using Extended Chokes for trap are a) they look cool, and b) they protect the barrel muzzle against damage

I have the flush mount Briley Mod, Imp. Mod and Lt. Full Chokes for my XT, but I always end up using the Briley Mod Choke for trapshooting. The Browning chokes are right where I left them years ago in my spare parts bin. - JoeBerg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.