1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley choke to raise POI

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bray, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bray

Bray TS Member

I have read that Briley will make a choke tube that can raise the point of impact.Does anyone have any pictures or any information on the choke tubes and what the cost of them are.

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Jack;

I'll bet others would like to know how you increase your patterns beyond 100%.

Do you use a very slow burning powder to give he shot a chance to multiply?

Rollin

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

I was thinking the same thing Rollin but I aint gonna bust his chops for an obvious typo. ;-)

Now why would you want a choke to change your point of impact? What would happen if your choke loosened or just didnt fully seat ... wouldn't your point of impact be now to the side of where you think your shooting? Wouldn't it just be better to get your gun fitted to you and your style of shooting?

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I have done it to two different O/U's to get a higher POI. One was for the bottom barrel to acheive same height as top and the other for the top to have same as bottom. In both cases it has worked remarkably well. Actually the gun I have been shooting has the bottom barrel one in place and patterns as well if not better than a well known barrel smiths package to the top one. As for worrying about them loosening, upon proving the PoI after tube installation, I JB welded it into place. Has not come loose in 5 years.

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Lumper;

Do you really think it was a typo? I hoped that Jack had devised a way to breed shot in flight.

If it was just a typo, I can sympathize with Jack. I may be the world's worst typist, use iespell and still make mistakes. Jack's keyboard may also be like mine in that I hit one key and something else appears on the screen or, at least that is my rationalized reaqson for part of the problem.

Rollin

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Q.E.D., Rollin.

Neil

7. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Briley does make offdet or "ecentric" chokes. I had a set made for my K-32 to lower the POI and it worked well. Call Pete or Jimmy at Briley for the real scoop.

8. X-FACTOR

X-FACTOR TS Member

Yes, they can raise your POI to your requirements. You do not have to
    send your barrels to Briley. Call Ted at Briley. I have recently ordered
    a Briley Thinwall and a Browning Invector Plus in their eccentric design
    and they were made as promised.

X-factor

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

there is a limit to how much it will raise a pattern and I dont remember what it is

I have had it in one barrel that I really shot well

I traded the barrel-- geeez- why did I do that?

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.