1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

briley bolt closer 391 beretta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hwcn, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwcn

hwcn Member

I need instructions for installing a briley bolt closer on a beretta 391. Thanks!!!!!

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

check their web site or angleport web site. both show how it's done

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

First, gut the gun (remove barrel, forarm, trigger, bolt and linkage). Next, take a small punch and punch out the roll pin (it's a small roll pin, so be gentle) in the right lower area of the receiver below the closure button:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_1212.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Next, take a large paper clip (or mechanics wire) and straighten it out. You will see a small hole in the ejector port toward the barrel. Push the paper clip into the hole and the hinge pin will come out toward the bottom of the receiver:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_1213.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Now, the closure assembly will come out as a unit. The bolt closure button is on a hinge pin that simply pushes out...it should be self explanitory from there, but if you have any question, feel from to Email my website

4. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Enlighten me please.

Just what's wrong with just pushing the button that comes with it?

These add on closers cost what?

confused.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

first of all- tron-its nice to see someone else use a paperclip on that procedure! i always wondered what beretta people do?

as far as using this bolt closer- way better than the stiff button- especially if you have kids or its cold out!!

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Bruce when your gun costs 800.00 a bolt closure is nothing compared to what the o/u crowd spends initially. And i doubt you would have ask this question had you owned and shot an auto as a primary gun. The factory buttons are a pain. Especially for women and kids.

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

My wife shoots a 391; the first thing she asked for was a bolt closer and it was simply because the button felt absurd to her..and she hardly knows guns; just spied one in the rack on another Beretta. I also later added a bigger bolt handle; she didn't like that at first 'cause it didn't match the blue bolt closer!! But all's well know when she now realizes how much easier these upgrades make things.

8. hwcn

hwcn Member

Tron,

Thanks for your help, your directions were perfect!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta closing bolt briley

briley bolt closer

briley bolt closer 391
briley bolt clouser
diy briley bolt closer 391
how to install a briley bolt closer on a beretta 391
install briley closer on 391beretta
installing a briley bolt closer on a beretta