1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley barrel fitting - can they ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a K80 with 32" barrels. Because I'll want to shoot some skeet I decided to purchase some 30" barrels and have a tube set made. The 30" barrels will need to be fit to my receiver. Rather than sending the barrels to Ottsville first to have the barrels fit and then sending the barrels to Briley - I would like to send the barrel set and receiver/stock to Briley and have them fit the barrels and then make the sub gauge tubes. This save me time and money.

Anyone have any experience they can share with Briley fitting barrels to a K80 ? The 30" barrels will go on my receiver but the forearm won't snap closed. Ultimately, I want the 30" and 32" barrels to fit the receiver so I am hopefull they won't have to do too much to make the 30" barrels fit correctly.

Thanks in advance.

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Geez, I would think the K-Guns would have interchangeable barrels!! Beretta does. Brownings are a 50-50 possibility.

There may be other issues after the forearm fits. Like timing the ejectors.

Jim Skeel

3. jamie65

jamie65 Member

i would be a little leery of briley, i dont think i would let them touch a K gun for any type of work . awhile back i sent in a set of bbls to have the chokes opened up, when i got the bbls back the top was right on my poa at 13 yds but the lower bbl was 1.5 inches low and almost 2 inches to the left ( it was right on before the choke work) . when i called the tech service people they pretty much said i was full of poop. but they did say if i sent them back they would check them out. o yea did i forget to mention that i would be responsible for shipping and any additional work they did, i ended up selling a nice gun at a big loss because of the bbls, briley!!! i think not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.