1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley barrel extensions?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trauma901, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trauma901

Trauma901 Member

Anyone here have any experience with the Briley barrel extensions? Are they any good?

Doug

2. Trauma901

Trauma901 Member

3. billn

billn Member

I have one that I purchased for a Winchester SX 2 it is a 24" barrel Wild Turkey Fed with como. I wanted a longer barrel but that was costly if I could find one.

I probably got one of the first 6" extensions that they made. It works real good, Have shot trap with it, its handy for duck and goose hunting with the longer barrel and I take it off for turkey hunting.

You can screw in differnt chokes like normal and as far as I know it still has a good pattern. I put camo tape on it and you can't tell where it is unless you know that it a extended barrel.

I bought it from Briley , Gary Singer 800-331-5718, about a year ago, they make them for several types of shot guns. in the 4" or the 6" the cost then was 126.00. Better than paying more than the gun price for a new barrel.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have seen one on an O/U and it looked to work well

Gene

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Briley used to make barrel extensions that also extended the rib (a number of skeet shooters used these, especially those who wanted 32" barrels or longer at a time when they were alot less common), meaning there was a short piece of rib-like material on the choke so it would give the sighting plane of a longer barrel, and the bead would go on this extension.

The current extensions briley offers are nothing more than long chokes, which in my opinion are pretty much worthless, other than the fact that they'll move the balance point forward if thats what you want to do. The only reason you'd want an extension is to lengthen the sighting plane, which an extension w/ out a rib attachment doesn't do.

6. billn

billn Member

I have to disagree about the extension being worthless, you don't see the barrel with out the rib, I have the rib on the SX2 and have shot it a lot at trap. This is not a extended choke tube, its a extended barrel and is threaded for screw in chokes. It depends on what you want to do with the gun, it works fine for changing the barrel back to a short one for turkey hunting and then to a longer barrel for duck and goose hunting or anything else you want to hunt with. As for the pattern, I have used several chokes and had a good pattern with the extension. The gun will shoot better than most hunters/shooters.

It saves brying another barrel for several hundered dollars more. I only use mine for hunting and it sits until another Hunting season.

7. Trauma901

Trauma901 Member

Appreciate the replies and advice. Thanks...

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
briley barrel extension

briley barrel extensions