1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley Barrel extensions???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Does anyone where know about Briley barrel extensions? See link to Briley.com

I found them at Briley.com while looking for some chokes. I have a couple of 28" O/Us I like to use for trap and sporting, so if they work they seem like they could be a good easy solution. I figure an extra 4" of barrel would help with the swing and give a longer sight plane.

But whether these add any mass to the gun would depend on their weight, and ultimately their material (aluminum? stainless?) and thickness. Anybody know?

As to sight plane extension, it would seem one would need to extend the rib over the extension to get an help with that.

Any ideas?

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I just learned they are for automatics only. If it seems too good to be true, it's usually too good to be true.

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Mike Schmidt used to have a four inch extension with rib on his berreta OU made it 36 inches ! I think Briley made that one years ago. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anybody use a barrell extension from briley

briley barrel extensions
briley extension