1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Briley 20 ga tube question...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sam T., Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

I would like to shoot 20 ga shells from my 12 ga gun - as such, I am thinking of getting some briley full-length tubes. I have some questions - perhaps someone here can answer;

1) If the POI is 50/50 in both barrels of my o/u can I get the briley tubes set up to shoot 70/30 if I order the fitted tubes?
    2) If I go with the companion tube set, can I assume the POI will be the same as my 12 ga barrels (50/50)?

Also, does anybody know if Briley is open today (12/26/09)? Neither there web-site of phone recording state anything about being closed today or having changed hours?

2. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I doubt they're open today.Try calling for Steve Power on Monday and tell him what you want;he'll have the answers.

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

The tubes will shoot where your barrels shoot whether they are fitted or the Companions. You'd have to talk with Briley to see if they can be altered in any way.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Subgauge tubes will shoot to the same point of impact as your 12ga barrels, Kolar or Briley, fitted or Companion. There isn't enough material on the OD of the tube to make any POI changes.

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Just my personal interest, by why 20 gauge instead of 7/8 ounce 12 gauge loads?

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

As a side note. Watch your loads. If your going to blow a tube it will be with the 20 gauge, as they are the thinnest. I know two shooters who had to have a tube replaced. The last person had one heck of a time getting the tube out. Both were shooting reloads (hot loads).

8. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

like joe potosky said watch your loads.....even with gauge mates or chamber mates in 2o gauge.

skeet shooting review this month has a whole section on reloads for 20 gauge using tubes or inserts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.