1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Bridgeshoot Ribs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ted Alsteen, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted Alsteen

Ted Alsteen Member

Got the ribs installed on my Remingtons today. I cant wait to shoot them. It should be fun. I like the heads up style.

Ted Alsteen
    tedalsteen_2011_180213.jpg
  2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

You would think these olympic shooters would have custom stocks instead of stacking their factory combs way up.

At first I wasn't a big fan of the short rib, but the more I look at them the more they are growing on me. Good looking guns there.

What is the benefit of a short rib vs. the entire length of the barrel?

Bryan
  3. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

There are two main advantages of going with the Mini Rib. First, and this is with any add-on rib, is the added rib gives a more heads up posture when shooting. As many good shooters, and Devault stock maker in particular, will attest, with a heads up posture, the eye is always in the center of your vision field. This makes the target much easier to see, and also, to hit. This holds true shooting Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, or any other game.

The second advantage, which only applies to the Mini Rib, is there is nothing in front of the eyes to distract when looking for/at the target. With the conventional ribs, there are always the receiver or bump in the rib to look past. Without knowing it, many shooters will glance back at the receiver/rib bump just as they are ready to fire. This will happen without the shooter even knowing they are doing it. When this does happen, the result is always a lost bird. With the Mini Rib, there is nothing between your eyes and the target. It will seem strange at first, but after a couple of rounds you will wonder how you ever shot a conventional ribbed gun.

Tomas
  4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

If the rib being in front of the eyes being a problem, then why not make a rib that is only a few inches long?
  5. Browningshooterxt

Browningshooterxt Member

How much do the ribs sell for
  6. Ted Alsteen

Ted Alsteen Member

$462.00 each plus $10.00 each for shipping.
  7. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Calkid,

The ribs are only 13.5" long.

Tom
  8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Tomas states that "many shooters will glance back at the reciever/rib bump just as they are ready to fire. This will happen without the shooter even knowing they are doing it."

Just wondering how ya figgered this out, seeings as how the shooter doesn't even know he is doing it. How does someone know what the shooter is doing, more than the shooter himself?

JUst a sales pitch maybe?

GneJ
  9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Hippie,
    Many, not all International doubles shooters have gone to high short ribs with good success, others have stayed with a full length high rib. In both cases, these shooters have seen improvements to their scores.

Target acquistion is vastly improved with these tall short ribs. As the old saying goes, don't knock it until you've tried it!

Change is what fuels progress and progress is what improves everything in our lives. If you're not changing, you're not progressing.............

Surfer
  10. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Guess I'll never progress then. Still shooting barrels without screw in chokes or porting, oh and no adjustable combs either. I must be a sucker for failure.

GneJ
  11. Ted Alsteen

Ted Alsteen Member

BBob it is the 25mm.

Hippie, I believe he was stating a issue that many people have with looking back at the rib while trying to track the bird with their eyes.

Ted
  12. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Gene,
    Have you ever thought of making changes to your equipment as a way to improve your scores, or are you completely satisfied with your performance?

Surfer
  13. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Active Member

It seems the comb wouldn't be high enough. I have a Jack West stock with the
    comb about that high to shoot a flat rib.
  14. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Most of the time, taller posts are needed.

I made taller combs out of scrap wood to make sure this is what I wanted. It really only took about 40 minutes. The beauty of making it out of scrap, if it isn't right, just sand away. Can't hurt anything!!

Tomas

[​IMG]
  15. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Is there a middle bead on these ribs? If not, how do you insure a good mount?

Thanks,

K-EIGHTY
  16. Nutso

Nutso Member

Got mine today, it's easy to see why these ribs work well. I will give it try tomorrow to see if I'm one those too.
  17. Harv Shell

Harv Shell Active Member

FYI, Ted Alsteen is Bridgeshoot Ribs.
  18. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Is "Ted Alsteen" and "$$$SHTR/Tomas" the same person?
  19. Harv Shell

Harv Shell Active Member

20. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The reason I ask is the photos that each used and presented as their own appear to be exactly the same gun holder and background.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.