1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brian of Oregon

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---^THIS ONE^<br>
    <br>
    It's a Johnson Model 200, and it's set up for natural gas. 26,000 BTU, 50 lbs lead capacity.<br>
    <br>
    The link goes to the Johnson page, and there are photos and specs there.<br>
    <br>
    However, the photos on that page are mixed up. The Model 15 is the small, skinny unit in the middle, and the Model 200 is actually the one on the right. It dwarfs the Model 15. The scale of the photos is off. The Model 15 is only 2/3rds the height of the Model 200. Look at the builders plates and you'll see how far off the scale is.<br>
    <br>
    I have this mounted on top of a custom metal base that's basically a two foor open cube. I wanted something stable (the bottom is solid with sides that come up a few inches) for ingot storage. This keeps it from tipping over, while at the same time you don't have to bend over to work the furnace.<br>
    <br>
    It's in nearly new condition. There is some slight discoloring on the top from the paint being heated, but it isn't brown or burned.<br>
    <br>
    I keep meaning to get around to firing it up to reduce some scrap lead I have around here into ingots, but never seem to get around to it. I haven't used this furnace since the late 80's or early 90's. It just sits patiently in my garage, hogging up space.

2. Brian in Oregon

Correct. There is no valving.

3. Brian in Oregon

Those models are available, but much more expensive. Most casters therefore use a bottom pour ladle if they are worried about dross.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.