1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brian in Oregon:

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've test fired it, and it cycles OK. It's very difficult to get a shell into the magazine, and there is no way to get two shells into the magazine. Yet, I cannot find anything obvious that's preventing it. The barrel is bent, but it appears this was deliberate. It shoots quite a bit high. The recoil is quite a bit more than most 1100's. I checked the gas ports, and they have been drilled oversize. Probably to allow very light loads to cycle. The very lightest AA shells, for example, won't cycle an 1100. I have not picked up a box of them to test yet, though. The rust in the gas chamber (forend hanger) was pretty severe. Fortunately the pitting is not deep enough to cause gas blowby around the rings.<br>
    <br>
    Haven't done more with it. Been too busy with home remodeling and other projects. Maybe this spring I'll get back into it.<br>
    <br>
    I'll kick the original thread back up to the top for those who are wondering what we're talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.