1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brevettato

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by garytip, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garytip

garytip TS Member

I am interested in information about a shotgun which came into my possession some years ago. The gun is a 12 guage o/u with double triggers. The underside of the receiver is engraved:

BREVETTATO
    The upper portion of the upper barrel is stamped:

DERBY
    The upper barrels are stamped * (upper) and ** (lower).
    On the underside of the barrel locking mechanism are the words:

PEDERSOLI
    and
    PSF finito XIX

I would appreciate any information anyone may have regarding the manufacturer, the quality, and the value of this piece.

Thank you
    Gary Tipsword
    garytip@aol.com

2. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

"Brevettato" is Italian for "patented". Pedersoli is a brand (see above). I believe * stands for "Full Choke" & ** for "Modified"

3. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

Click on link above.

4. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

Hi,
    Buddy O is right about the meaning "brevettato" and * and **.
    Now let me tell you a little bit more about your gun.
    The "PSF" means "polvere senza fumo (powder without smoke)" and this is the stamp that the Italian Government Agency in Gardone Val Trompia put on barrells after they tested.
    "Finito" means "tested done".
    The Roman number XIX is the year of the manufacture of your gun; in your case is 1963. You can check this on my website under the voice "Italian Gun Identification".
    Let me tell you more: Mr Pedersoli started the manufacture of shotguns like yours on 1957 and he patented his products on 1960. He stopped, totaly, making shotguns on 1974 and started a new production of replica of antique guns.
    About the quality, I can tell you that Mr Pedersoli worked a lot of years with Beretta and he learned for sure how to make guns the right way.
    For the value I can not find guns like yours on the market because whose got it will not sell it.
    I hope this will be helpful for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
brevettato firearm
brevettato
brevettato 1960 shotgun
brevettato gun
brevettato guns

brevettato shotgun

pedesolli over under brevettao
psf finito