1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Breast Cancer Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AllAmer4, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

Sunday, July 22, 2012 was a fantastic day for shooters & attendees of the Save A Pair for Breast Cancer Awareness event at Pine Grove Sportsmen’s Association in Russell PA. Proceeds of $7,502.00 was presented to Kathy Purcell, CEO, Susan G. Komen Pittsburgh on August 1, 2012 with an additional donation to be made when remaining souvenir t-shirts are sold.

For more information and photos, please visit the link above.

Dean

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The Komen Foundation is a very poor charity at best. They give back less than 20% of their proceeds....

There are far better ways to contribute.

Curt

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

20% is better than "0" I confess I don't know enough about the Komen Foundation BUT one thing I do know is I'm sure glad that there are people who will donate to cancer research because I would not have my wife (of 51 yrs) today if not for the generosity of those people. My wife had-"has" lymphoma and multiple myloma she is currently in remission, a 2&1\2 year survivor. I thank GOD every day. Ross Puls

4. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

@grnberetcj you might want to look into Relay for Life too. The minimum to pass along is 20% and many hover around that line, unfortunately.

The organization I'm a part of passes along 80-90% from our largest chapters. That % changes when you've got smaller chapters which incur similar fixed costs as the larger chapters, but it is still very high.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

We used to donate a considerable amount of time and money besides take part in any and all fund raisers for the Susan G. Komen foundation until we found out first hand that they do nothing to assist ladies who are inflicted with the dreaded disease (my Wife included) ... Less than 20% of all donations go for the intended purpose that they lead people to believe ... We now donate to the American Cancer Society and American Cancer Resarch foundation insted of making the fat cats at the Koman foundation fatter ... The Susan G Komen organization will never get another dime from me or anyone I talk to, they should be investigated for fraud and might possibly be once all of the letters hit the proper channels ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Thank you WPT....very to the point!!

Curt

P.S. They're as bad as the Red Cross

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    American Cancer Society? Better check into them as well. The extent of their help for friends of the family was to offer to drive the father to clinics for treatment. We bought a lot of groceries to help the family make ends meet.

ACS claims to be putting 75% of its donations into research. The link above refutes that, especially since changes were made in 1992.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

breast cancer trapshoot fund raiser

save a pair breast cancer trap shoot