1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BreakOpen Semi-Auto

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Quite some time ago one of the gun manufacturers announced in one of the gun mags.that they were comeing out with a break open semi auto. I want to say it was Beretta but I'm not sure. There hasn't been any talk on here about and was wondering what the status is. I'm sure the mag. was American Rifleman. It was no b.s. being started.

2. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I to think it was Beretta.

3. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

It's a Beretta. The model is UGB25 Excel. Definately a different design, but it looks pretty interesting. Garrett

4. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Beretta

5. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Yes, it is the Beretta UGB25. I handled one at the Beretta booth at the Grand...........I must say I was underwhelmed. I personally see no advantage of the UGB25 over the 391. The 391 costs about a third what the UGB25 was listed for.

I'll just stick with my 391.........if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

hubcap

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

You have to be double jointed to open it.The second shell is hanging off the reciever open to rain or snow. No way to save hulls.

Kind of neat though, definitely thinking outside the box.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Great idea, looking for a reason to exist.

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Price?????

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Priceless.

10. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

TRON............Please e-mail me; XXXkolarpoleatcomcast.netXXX Questions on the UGB25....thanking you in advance, Dan

11. dshot

dshot Member

At the Grand the sales people didn't know the price, they said it would most likely be in the $3000.00 range. They had found some production cost decreases, and didn't have a price at thta time.

12. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Tron, are these for sale, or are they yours? Please email me about it also. Thanks, Steve

13. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Another break auto that was or is still made is the Cosmi. I talked with the owner at the Shot show some years ago. Quite expensive then but looked very reliable. Possibly sold patd. or license to mfg to Bretta. I have a brochere ill look up. Possibly the same design.....Gerald

14. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

I wouldn't consider the Cosmi to be anything like the Beretta, other than it breaks open.

It's a piece with some really fine machined parts, hand lapped thruout, but not reliable and kicks like a mule. At least not reliable with what we consider as target loads, questionable with 1200 fps 32 gram loads.

15. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

I shot a proto excel at the Grand a few years back...the deal with Beretta was you had to shoot a few shells with the Exel and the then new Tekneys.I could see no advantage of the break-open/gas gun as opposed to the 391.At less then half the price.Another problem they were working on with the exel was that the emptys ejected from the bottom and would have been difficult to save unless you carried a bucket around a positioned it so they would land in it.Might have been kinda hard hitting two targets at once!!!..lol

16. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

For what it's worth. Beretta has pulled that model from production at this time. It is not listed in the catalog or dealer pricing sheets
    Mike Battista

17. Dave P

Mike B.: Do you have any info as to why or what is going on with this model. I haven't even or ever seen it advertised anywhere. I was very curious and interested when the first announcements first came out.

Thanks gentlemen for your responses and help. This is the site for info.!!

Dave P.

18. Dave P

Mike B.: Do you have any info as to why or what is going on with this model. I haven't even or ever seen it advertised anywhere. I was very curious and interested when the first announcements first came out.

Thanks gentlemen for your responses and help. This is the site for info.!!

Dave P.

19. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I believe they came out in 2004, I like it couse its different and cool looking? youa trya the web sitea abovea youa seea video, no.

20. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.