1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Breako or Dead Mule?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by reelfoot, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reelfoot

reelfoot TS Member

I'm going to the Grand and think I would like to get either a Breako or Dead Mule anti-recoil devise installed. What are the advantageous and disadvatageous of each and which vendors carry and install them?

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can install either yourself. If you want it done there, most any of the gun repair vendor's can do it. I have had both. The Dead Mule is 9ozs. and let's you access the stock bolt with out removing the device. The Breako is a little heavier at 10ozs. and works fine. I prefer the Breako only because of the extra 1 oz. 10ozs. seems about right for me. You might prefer 12 to 14 ozs. That is up to you. Hope this helps, Roy

3. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Hoosier is right...you are simply trying to increase the weight (mass) that the recoil effect is trying to move. Best Regards, Ed

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Agree, for the most part recoil reduces add weight to reduce recoil. For truly reduced recoil you have 2 choices in my 320K target experience. Send the gun to Wilkenson, Allor or Eyester and have the bbl. tuned (-$500) or buy a fitted to you, moving/collapsing stock ie. PFS or McCarthy or 1 or 2 others which is adjustable to absorb recoil($1000) Either works. Like most of our equipment, you get what you pay for.

5. reelfoot

reelfoot TS Member

Thanks guys! I'm old in age, but new to the game. I appreciate your input!

6. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

don't alter the barrel as it will only devalue your gun.

7. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Barrel alterations cannot alter recoil. Recoil is based on weight of the gun, weight of the payload, and pressure (velocity). Nothing else. Recoil is calculatable and barrel alterations are not a part of the formula. :)
    Forcing cones, porting, etc. do nothing to change the weight of the gun, the weight of the payload, or the pressure. Bottom line.

8. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Check your private messages. Tom

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Save your money and simply pour lead shot into the stock cavity.

None of the recoil devices do ANYTHING more than add weight.

I posted a thread about two years ago in which I researched all the reducers and posted the results.

It's simply F=ma. Force is reduced by adding "m" mass.

Think about it: Pour lead shot into a sock and then drop the sock. Do you noticed any "bounce?" Of course not. It is a heavy mass and it in short form, absorbs the force of hitting the ground.

Whiz White

10. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Weight! Weight! Weight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.