1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking 100 or 200

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KelleyPLK, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

When your shooting really well and 100 is waiting for you on Handicap , How does a shooter keep his mind into the next target? Have been having trouble staying focused on shooting last trap Handicap or 1st (25) simgles happens quit a lot . Same with breaking 200 .

Pat Kelley

2. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

You're not supposed to be thinking about the next target, since we only shoot them one at a time. You get excited when you're running them straight and then you start "thinking."

JMHO...the other wise men will be by to say it better.

3. kolarkim

kolarkim Member

just remember break this target and you have to make sure to tell yourself "break this target" or "smoke this target" forget how far you are this target is all that matters one at a time basics will get you there. KK

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

One bird at a time is correct, but if you are 90+ straight, that fact will also be in your mind.

Pat Ireland

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I took a clinic from Daro and was told to speed up my Set Up Ritual so that it became a smooth timed routine rather than spending too much time with the gun mounted on my shoulder. This advice has helped me a lot and I just try to maintain my normal timing instead of getting stressed out with Hard Focus Concentration at the end of a good streak.

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Mike, I agree with your statement about keeping the same routine. Many times I see shooters (myself included) that are straight in whatever event it may be, start to become too careful and slow down. Try to keep the same rhythm all the way through to the end. Good luck ,Pat.----Steve

7. Yuman

Yuman TS Member

Please let me comment for what it is worth. I have lost several 100s and 200s in the last few targets. I have also got my grand slam along with several 100s and 200s. What I have learned to do is to try to block out the end result by trying to consentrate on the bird visually and follow through. That is a good thing to do anyway, and does not take you out of normal thought processes while taking away the thought of how much you would like to run them out. The fun is to get there and the reward is to finish tham off. It doesn't always happen no matter what you do so don't be too hard on yourself over the final outcome. Good shooting, Dick Whitman.

8. Spook

Spook TS Member

"One bird at a time is correct, but if you are 90+ straight, that fact will also be in your mind."

Pat is sure right about that. I have found it is easier to think about the five targets on a post then breaking that down to one at a time. You still know there are five birds to break but it gives you a chance to focus on one target of a limited number which is not as scary. Also, you won't be so inclined to think ahead.

Spook

9. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

All you can do is take care of the things that you can control. You can control mounting the gun correctly, make sure you see the target well, all the things you have been told many times. Don't worry about the things you can't control like wind gust, shell with not enough powder, etc. Shoot every target this way and it won't matter if you are straight or not. The only lost targets that should bother you are the ones that you didn't do your job.

10. perazzipaul

perazzipaul TS Member

i try not to think at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.