1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Breakfree question from Aus.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hooligan, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Hi to all. I have used Breakfree CLP for a long time however it appears to be no longer available in Aus. The Australian importer/agent informed me it was supplied originally by Kleenbore and now by Safariland Fl. They also tell me it has been withdrawn from the retail market and is only available to Police and Military in large commercial quantities. Is this story correct of can you guys
    buy it OK in the US?

Barry

2. Slugo

Slugo Member

plenty of it available over here...

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Somebody is jerking your chain on the whole Police and Military thing. It may be your importer was told he had to buy larger quantities to justify the shipment but as stated above, plenty of it available to us in the States.

4. WJN

WJN TS Member

I just did a quick look and could buy it from Cabelas, Brownells and Ebay.

Jim

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Tell that person to go swim in an outback river. He's as one said is jerking your chain. Its is on the market for one and all. Good stuff and have used it for years.

6. revbook

revbook Member

My Brother in Law recently purchased a gallon at a gun show. He put it on the shelf next to the quart he already had! Try NOT to find it here!

Don in PA

7. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

I last bought Breakfree CLP from MidwayUSA.com

CLP = Clean; Lubricate; Protect

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/667637/break-free-clp-bore-cleaning-solvent-lubricant-rust-preventative-16-oz-liquid

The National Firearms Museum recommended I use this on all firearms and if going into long-term storage (2 years or more) I follow up with a very light coat of Rennisance Wax used for picture frames.

All of the firearms in the Trapshooting Hall of Fame were prepared this way.

8. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

As mentioned, its still available at many retail outlets in the USA.

Go to the www.break-free.com, look at the company's contact information, send them an inquiry about where to buy in AUS.

I regret having to say this, but a little independent reseach goes a long, long way to getting one's questions answered.

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Thanks to all for the info. It is as I anticipated. We cannot buy here from US suppliers over the Internet due to mail restrictions on chemicals.
    BTW Baron23 I did do my research first - that is how I found Safariland have
    taken over Break-Free. There appears to be no longer an Australian importer!
    Regards

Barry

10. Landshark

Landshark Member

I bought a can of the Winchester marked Break Free. It seems different than the old stuff. Not the same smell and it foams like crazy.

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Hi Landshark.
    You could well be right. I have looked into this matter very seriously
    and have discovered a number of interesting facts. A number of US companies
    have been purchased/merged including some old ones such as Kleenbore, B Squared,
    and Break-Free. These all are now part of Safariland and many changes appear to have taken place and some products no longer available. Much stock being sold on the gunshop shelves in the US is older stock and I believe a few changes may be on the horizon.

Barry

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Someone couldnt ship you some?

13. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Hi Grunt. Maybe they could however I doubt it would ever arrive as chemicals
    are prohibited by both USPS and UPS and Fedex. It is not easy. This is the reason
    I cannot get Brownells or Midway to mail it.

Barry

14. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Barry,

Send me a PM with your mailing address.. and we'll find out if it will get thru

Jerry B.

15. quartering

quartering Active Member

and if it doesn't get through, we'll find out if you get arrested or not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.