1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Breakfast with the Princesses.....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

One of the downsides to a 3 year old daughter is that she wants to go to Orlando this winter and have "breakfast with the Princesses" at Disneyworld.

Actually, and you might have guessed it, MOM wants to go more than Erica does. Either way, it appears that my posterior will be in Orlando in December for the better part of 3 days.

So the question is: Are there any gun clubs close enough to Disney to make dragging a trap gun all the way from Alaska worth it?????

And a follow-up question: Has anyone here ever HAD breakfast with the Princesses? Is it worthwhile enough that I can get the nagging feeling of wanting to mash my balls flat with a wooden mallet to go away?

jeff

2. incognito

incognito TS Member

Be careful that you don't end up there during one of their "gay pride" weeks. A friend of mine went down there two years ago with his family and had to explain to his five year old son and seven year old daughter why there were boys kissing boys in public at Disneyworld. It really messed up their vacation, and I've heard it's pretty common there for the "gays" to set a week and show up in large numbers to make out in public. I hear they do it to make a "statement" in front of children and their parents. And the cops are there to be sure you don't say anything to them that would be "hate" speech.

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"Are there any gun clubs close enough to Disney to make dragging a trap gun all the way from Alaska worth it?????"

This is one of the funniest posts I have ever read on TS.com. Dude, if you think you are going to bug out on your wife and daughter while you are in Orlando to go shoot trap,(or anything else for that matter), the wooden mallet thing will seem like a moment of relief compared to the grief they will give you.

Go and enjoy watching her eyes light up during the breakfast. They grow up really fast.

4. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Jeff,

My son is 2 1/2, and let me tell you, at this age, having a boy isn't much better. I got to go see Thomas the train at a railway museum last weekend. The museum part was great, all 10 min. of it. The other 4 hrs. were spent looking at a fake engine that looked like Thomas. A brief ride up and back on the tracks. Yay.

I'm trying to explain to him that he doesn't ever want to work for a prick like Sir Topem Hat, but I'm not sure if it's getting through.............

Brett D.

5. moving1956

moving1956 TS Member

I've done Breakfast with in Anaheim twice with my 3 yr. old granddaughter and you are in for a treat. Bring a camera with lots of memory or film and remind yourself that it's not about the food. Budget some money to buy her favorite princess dress and accessories because you're going to spend it anyway. You'll be amazed how allowing her to wear the dress can motivate proper behavior at home.
    Paul Grisanti

6. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Go with the Princesses...and you'll be a King!

7. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

What JBrooks said. Enjoy the show and the kids; indeed they do grow up too fast. No time for trap but the next Florida trip take the time to look up some clubs. Silver dollar in only a couple of hours from Orlando. Besides, a break from shooting will be good for your "game". mike

8. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

Take my word for it, Disney World really is a blast if you can go on some of the cooler rides with older kids; when we went my 3 year old son went on all the kiddie rides with his 4 year old cousin, the wife and the sister in law. I got to hang out with my 12 & 13 year old niece & nephew, so we hit Mission:Space, and Test Track at Epcot, and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney MGM Studios. Genuinely cool stuff!

Otherwise, the kiddie rides are cute but dull, a 3 year old girl is too young and she will tire out too soon for you to get anywhere close to your money's worth (be prepared to hold out your wallet and say "...pick a card any card"). Been there & done this. A kid that young will never remember what happened, and your wife won't let you forget if you put up a stink about it.

See if you can't postpone this adventure for another 5 or 6 years, or send your MIL ("Mother in Law") in your place. If you can't, while you're down there, fake an illness and sneak out to one of the gun clubs in the area, or perhaps one of several strip clubs in the vicinity, since Orlando is el primo shaker bar territory!

9. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Jeff,

Were in the same boat buddy!! My wife is talking about taking our daughters to Disney soon as well.

I would think that 3 years old is a little young. I'm going to try and wait until my kids are a little older myself so they can get more from the experience.

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys.

I'm trying to hold off the tide on this one, too. I've been holding it back for a year already. She'll be 4 and a half when we go, this december.

I don't see a way out of it.

But, at least now I feel a little bit better about it. Thanks. And, JBrooks, thanks for putting the proper perspective on what would happen if I bugged out.

I think the best I can hope for is to "trade" this time for a shoot later. Maybe the Las Vegas holiday shoot in 2008.

11. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

One of the downsides to a 3 year old daughter is that she wants to go to Orlando this winter and have "breakfast with the Princesses" at Disneyworld.

Actually, and you might have guessed it, MOM wants to go more than Erica does. Either way, it appears that my posterior will be in Orlando in December for the better part of 3 days.

So the question is: Are there any gun clubs close enough to Disney to make dragging a trap gun all the way from Alaska worth it?????

And a follow-up question: Has anyone here ever HAD breakfast with the Princesses? Is it worthwhile enough that I can get the nagging feeling of wanting to mash my balls flat with a wooden mallet to go away?

jeff

12. incognito

incognito TS Member

Be careful that you don't end up there during one of their "gay pride" weeks. A friend of mine went down there two years ago with his family and had to explain to his five year old son and seven year old daughter why there were boys kissing boys in public at Disneyworld. It really messed up their vacation, and I've heard it's pretty common there for the "gays" to set a week and show up in large numbers to make out in public. I hear they do it to make a "statement" in front of children and their parents. And the cops are there to be sure you don't say anything to them that would be "hate" speech.

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"Are there any gun clubs close enough to Disney to make dragging a trap gun all the way from Alaska worth it?????"

This is one of the funniest posts I have ever read on TS.com. Dude, if you think you are going to bug out on your wife and daughter while you are in Orlando to go shoot trap,(or anything else for that matter), the wooden mallet thing will seem like a moment of relief compared to the grief they will give you.

Go and enjoy watching her eyes light up during the breakfast. They grow up really fast.

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Jeff,

My son is 2 1/2, and let me tell you, at this age, having a boy isn't much better. I got to go see Thomas the train at a railway museum last weekend. The museum part was great, all 10 min. of it. The other 4 hrs. were spent looking at a fake engine that looked like Thomas. A brief ride up and back on the tracks. Yay.

I'm trying to explain to him that he doesn't ever want to work for a prick like Sir Topem Hat, but I'm not sure if it's getting through.............

Brett D.

15. moving1956

moving1956 TS Member

I've done Breakfast with in Anaheim twice with my 3 yr. old granddaughter and you are in for a treat. Bring a camera with lots of memory or film and remind yourself that it's not about the food. Budget some money to buy her favorite princess dress and accessories because you're going to spend it anyway. You'll be amazed how allowing her to wear the dress can motivate proper behavior at home.
    Paul Grisanti

16. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Go with the Princesses...and you'll be a King!

17. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

What JBrooks said. Enjoy the show and the kids; indeed they do grow up too fast. No time for trap but the next Florida trip take the time to look up some clubs. Silver dollar in only a couple of hours from Orlando. Besides, a break from shooting will be good for your "game". mike

18. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

Take my word for it, Disney World really is a blast if you can go on some of the cooler rides with older kids; when we went my 3 year old son went on all the kiddie rides with his 4 year old cousin, the wife and the sister in law. I got to hang out with my 12 & 13 year old niece & nephew, so we hit Mission:Space, and Test Track at Epcot, and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney MGM Studios. Genuinely cool stuff!

Otherwise, the kiddie rides are cute but dull, a 3 year old girl is too young and she will tire out too soon for you to get anywhere close to your money's worth (be prepared to hold out your wallet and say "...pick a card any card"). Been there & done this. A kid that young will never remember what happened, and your wife won't let you forget if you put up a stink about it.

See if you can't postpone this adventure for another 5 or 6 years, or send your MIL ("Mother in Law") in your place. If you can't, while you're down there, fake an illness and sneak out to one of the gun clubs in the area, or perhaps one of several strip clubs in the vicinity, since Orlando is el primo shaker bar territory!

19. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Jeff,

Were in the same boat buddy!! My wife is talking about taking our daughters to Disney soon as well.

I would think that 3 years old is a little young. I'm going to try and wait until my kids are a little older myself so they can get more from the experience.

20. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys.

I'm trying to hold off the tide on this one, too. I've been holding it back for a year already. She'll be 4 and a half when we go, this december.

I don't see a way out of it.

But, at least now I feel a little bit better about it. Thanks. And, JBrooks, thanks for putting the proper perspective on what would happen if I bugged out.

I think the best I can hope for is to "trade" this time for a shoot later. Maybe the Las Vegas holiday shoot in 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.