1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

break action stiffness

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ESMDHokie, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

Jul 31, 2008
    How long or about how many shells do you have to fire through a new Citori XT to work out the stiffness in the joint? I've used it for near 1000 birds now and it still only opens half way.

Concerned because during an ATA shoot today it got harder to open as the day went on, 300 birds all in all today.

I'm pretty sure I'm putting the grease in all the right nooks and crannies.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Dec 9, 2006
    I bought mine used, previous owner says he put at least 15,000 rounds through in the time he had it. Mine is still firm, I would not call it stiff. But it needs just a tad of help to open fully. Unless you just push the lever and let the barrels drop with out support, not good.
  3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Fit the fore-end iron properly and the problem will go away.

John C. Saubak
  4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I second that Old Cowboy. If Browning would spend a little more time fitting the fore iron the owners wouldn't need to do this.

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    A properly fitted forend WILL fit like that.

Keep the pivot areas CLEAN and LUBED (wheel bearing grease works great), it will loosen up soon enough.

Any attempt right now to loosen it up, will definitely give you a very sloppy gun prematurely.

Doug Braker
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.