1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brands of Trap Machines???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Hi Folks. Yesterday, after our Wednesday morning practice shoot, we were dicussing the purchase of a new trap machine for our club. We all knew the "Pat" brand machine, but none of us could recall the names of other brands!!! (Median age of about 68...plenty of senior moments to go around!)I spoke with some very nice people at the Grand in Sparta last August and another member said he thought there was a very good machine produced in Canada.
    Please help us recall the other brands of traps! Thanks, Martinpicker

2. deking00

deking00 Member

Check link above and another brand is GMV Superstar. Link follows http://gmvsuperstar.com/

3. Martinpicker

Thanks for the Lawry tab. Jack

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

GMV & Beomat. We have an older Beomat that just goes and goes. We also have a late model GNV Superstar Continental. Both great machines. The Pat traps have their advantages but also have their issues. If I was buying another today it would come down to the best price

5. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

ProMatic, LaPorte, Kromson, Serena, Mattarelli and Spieth all are active to one degree or another in the US.

I represented three of these during the 80s and all were advanced far beyond what was available then locally.

Mike Mann

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Service,service, service vs. price.

Phil Berkowitz

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

service dont mean sh&& when you live in Idaho LOL. You soon learn to fix whatever goes wrong. I do and have fixed about anything on the two we have

8. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

If you want to invest in a new trap, and have NO problems, whay would you want to even consider anything but a PAT? What did Sparta go with? Stop the mental masturbation and just write the check. You won't be sorry.

Our club installed 2 new Beomat skeet machines against my vehement objections, and they are now saddled with $9000 worth of problems. Breakage is excessive, and they don't have a service rep to correct the problem. Trying to talk through the problem on the phone is a major PITA. As for a quality Canadian machine, if you are talking about the LaPorte, don't even go there. It is a POS from the word GO.

We are building 2 new trap fields next spring, and the traps will be PAT...period!

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

PAT if you have the money, if you don't then save till you do.

10. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Ask Roger Coveleski from QRP fame, trap designer etc what he thinks.

11. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

sts1100 -

We have three Pat traps, located in the Chicago suburbs, and have had zero issues with cold weather operation from our Pats. We run a space heater when the traps are not in use, mostly to keep the moisture level down and to ensure the sump doesn't freeze. We do not run the heaters when we are open and running the trap machines. We are open year-round, closing only if the conditions are dangerous (i.e. sub-zero wind chills, etc).

We have found that if the machine (arm brake) is adjusted properly we have no issues in cold weather and have no need for additional heat or lengthty warm-up periods. Maybe we just got three without those problems.

Prior to the Pats we would spend sometimes $2500 per year on machine maintenance, and now that we have the Pat traps it's more like $200 per year and that's mostly for consumables (target brushes, rubber bands) rather than repairs.

Our club is very happy with our Pat purchase.

Scott

12. Martinpicker

Thanks to all for the advice. ProMatic were the people I spoke with at the Grand who were so nice. Our club is in north Arkansas on the Missouri line, so even though we get plenty of freezing temperatures, I doubt our weather would cause problems for a Pat Trap. Thanks again for your input. Jack

13. traploader

traploader Member

Jack,

I'm a manufacturer of trap and skeet machines in Canada.

Ian Brotherston Western Retro Products Ltd.

14. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

If service is a concern......

With Pat trap there's not problem getting Amy or MR Patenaude on the phone for factory help, troubleshooting and advice. I've got them programmed into my phone and have had to call them only once from the traphouse. Great folks and great piece of equipment. Like 320090T said, "save up until you can get one"

15. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

The Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club Olympic Bunker has NASTA machines. Very solid machines out of Finland.

16. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

DueMatic, Kromson, Rossini...

17. Martinpicker

Thanks again for all of your help. I believe the board has now decided to go ahead and buy a PAT Trap. Can't happen too soon to suit me! Yesterday we almost got through an entire round before the trap broke and we had to give it up and go home! Thanks again for your help and advice. Jack Farrow

18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

A PAT TRAP takes a larger mounting area, have them send you a blueprint so you can get your pad set up, and also to have enough height for the macine in trap house so you can load the turret w/targets.

Also make sure you get measurements as the trap sets off to the side.

You don't center it in the trap house,

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

PAT TRAP...........wise decision. There's a reason why PAT is the standard by which the others are judged.

John C. Saubak

20. Baber

Baber TS Member

Voolfie

I agree that NASTA traps are great but they don't make an ATA machine. If they did we would probably junk our Pats and buy them. They are probably the best tr made world wide but they don't do ATA.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
gmv beomat
italian trap machines
nasta trap machines
serenia trap machine
spieth target machines

spieth trap machine

trap machine manufacturers
trap shooter brands in canada