1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brain Game

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crickets, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crickets

Crickets Member

This is shooting related because shooting is a visual game. Watching a show right now called Brain Games on NatGeo channel. Its about Visual illusions. Pretty Fascinating. Most interesting is how the brain stitches together images of movement of objects even though not all the visual info is actually there.

2. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

I like that! So the more and clearer your visual "stitching" is the faster and clearer your actual image to the brain becomes? Did it say anything about practice or routines to make it work better.

CM

3. Crickets

Crickets Member

Actually the part I saw was saying your mind will fill in the blanks with what it expects to see. You see it but its not actually there. Kind of like today shooting into the wind, I saw the target where I expected it to be, then realized it was about 10,000' feet higher. Happened at least 13 times.......grumble grumble grumble. All kidding aside, they had a test where they created motion by flashing red dots in a circle. Visually the mind created a different color dot to fill in the missing dot to "visualize" the motion, while actually nothing was moving. I thought it was pretty cool.