1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Brady Campaign makes their move.....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    BOHICA<br>
    <br>
    News Release<br>
    Assault Weapons, Weak Gun Laws<br>
    Enable Dangerous People<br>
    Like The Alabama Man Who Killed 10<br>
    <br>
    For Immediate Release:<br>
    03-11-2009<br>
    <br>
    Contact Communications:<br>
    (202) 898-0792<br>
    <br>
    Washington, D.C. – Alabama killer Michael McLendon fired more than 200 rounds from his military-style semiautomatic assault weapons. He lived in a state that has pathetically weak guns laws: In the Brady Campaign’s recent state scorecards, Alabama earned a score of 15 out of 100. Assault weapons were banned under federal law until four years ago.<br>
    <br>
    McLendon shot complete strangers, women, children, dogs and his own mother before taking his own life. He had an SKS assault rifle, a Bushmaster assault rifle and a 38 caliber handgun.<br>
    <br>
    Alabama has the fifth-highest gun death rate in America, including the third-highest rate of gun homicide.<br>
    <br>
    “This man needed the firepower of assault weapons to execute his plan of mass carnage. Alabama, and our nation, must take action to make it harder for dangerous people to get dangerous weapons,” said PaulHelmke, President of the Brady Campaign.<br>
    <br>
    To learn more about prominent U.S. shootings with multiple victims, see the Brady Campaign’s listing at http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/major-shootings.pdf.<br>
    <br>
    http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=1117

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

To The Brady Campaign: Would you be campaigning for the more control of/outlaw cars if this whacko would have run over that many poor souls? I doubt it. How many of these innocent people might have been saved by the intervention of a trained concealed carry holder? One life saved would have been worth it. Enforce the laws on the books NOW, not make up a bunch of laws to restrict good law abiding tax paying people. We need LESS government intervention in our lives not MORE!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Any of the articles that I've read on this story say that his weapons were automatic. So which is it? Were they a legal semi-auto SKS, and AR, or had they been altered? Can an SKS be made full auto?

5. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

Why don't we make killing people illegal? Let's call it homicide. If a person commits this awful act of homicide we can prosecute him, send him off to prison for life, or give him the death sentence. This kind of punishment will certainly stop people from committing such an awful act in the future. Sounds simple but could it work?

Joe

6. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

Why doesn't the Brady campaign discuss how Germany's strict gun laws did not deter a teenager from killing 16 people on the same day with a semiautomatic Beretta 9mm. In case you were unaware, Germany's laws are almost as strict as those in New York City and certainly stricter than most states, including New Jersey, Illinois, and California.

7. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I would be willing to bet that the weapons referred to as "Automatic" were Semi Auto. "Automatic Weapons" has such a sinister ring to it, don't you know.
    These people are so out of touch with reality. J.W.

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

What is it libs say, don't let a good crisis go to waste. They always use fear to take away freedom.

9. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

The Brady pigs always like to ride their agenda on the backs of the dead. The Brady bastards make me sick...Bill

10. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

i think,the brady morons, should work to make drugs illegal, oh, they already are, guess that's why all the inner cities are drug free, drug laws don't seem to be workin, why would they think anymore gun laws will

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Again, here's another crisis and these Einsteins will have an answer - perhaps the Assault Weapons Ban Law will be back in place with perhaps modifications making anyone in possession of an AR-15, AK-47 type rifles, large capacity magazine, .223 ammo, etc., criminals. It's coming and I recommend for those who are not NRA members to join and fight these asshol-s. It's certainly Obama's style to claim a crisis, push worthless and destructive legislation via the braintrusts in Congress, and punish those responsible citizens just like the mortgage bailout mess. I've belonged to the NRA for 45 years and will hope all shooters spend a little chump-change and join. BT-100dc

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

The Brady Center has anxiously been awaiting this event. They needed the church shooting and this event to occur so they could get a boost to push their gun-ban wish-list on the Obama Administration. I'll bet that when these two shootings happened they jumped out of their chairs like fans cheering a touchdown for their side. The gun grabbers disgust me.

Jennifer
    Idaho Co-Coordinator
    Second Amendment Sisters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.