1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bradford gun club ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by goosedowner, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

I was thinking about going to a few shoots at Bradford this year and I know they have target restrictions. How many targets do you have to have before you are not panelized and/or allowed to shoot in the special events?

Thanks
    Lee

2. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

3. samme_no2

samme_no2 Member

Good Fri and May 6 shoots a minimum of 100 16 yd, 1000 hdcp and 500 doub. during the current and two previous years
    Zippo shoot the same.
    All shoots after June 4,2007 and before Sept.1,2007 1500-16,during current and two previous target years. 500 of which must have been shot after Sept. 1, 2006
    Hdcp- A minimum of 1500 during current and two previous target years,500 of which must have been shot after Sept. 1, 2006.
    Dbls- a minimum of 100 registered targets during the current and two previous years, 300 of which must have been shot after Sept. 1, 2006. Harry

4. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

WOW, why so many targets needed after this year?
    Are they getting to many entries and want to curtail them?

Thanks
    Lee

5. samme_no2

samme_no2 Member

I made a printing error, the totals for doubles are: Aminimum of 1000, during current and previous target years. 300 of which must have been shot after Sept. 1, 2006

6. santa fe 2343

santa fe 2343 Member

Plan on being there all day. Locals will all be registered for all early squads. Even if you pre-register and ask for early squadingyou still shoot late.

7. BradfordGC

BradfordGC TS Member

From the Bradford Gun Club:

Email me for a Shoot Booklet, provide your mailing address. I understand the year is almost over but it will get you on the mailing list.

See the current posting on the Case Cutlery Shoot this Sep 1, 2, 3rd for details. Our biggest shoot.

In the far past, shoots at Bradford have gone into the evening hours. However, due to declining shooters there is no problem with squadding and being able to shoot the events. Most people who want to get home as soon as possible with a long drive, pre-squad for the shoot. This is done fairly with equal consideration to all.

While the target requirements seem high to some, this is mostly in effect when there is a special event held during the shoot. I do not want to get into the ethics of shooting, but the main goal is to show a stable score average for classification. These target requirements are in line with most state requirements. Our President is the Vice at the Pa grounds, so he must know his business.

Thanks
    Pat

8. BradfordGC

BradfordGC TS Member

From the Bradford Gun Club:

BTW...

The "locals" are NOT given special consideration. There are usually 3 "Workers" squad groups that are spread evenly throughout the events from start to finish. In fact the club president usually shoots one of the very last squads due to the fact that he is so busy running the events. If you want to get on a worker squad please plan on being at the clubhouse every morning by 6:00 am to set up the fields and plan on being on the grounds till 7:00 pm emptying trash and loading trap houses.

First come, first served...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.