1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bradford Gun Club shoot

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by DecalDude, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I went to the Bradford Gun Club today for the GOOD Friday shoot. While I know good ole Harold retired.

I first got there to classify. I am a 3rd year B class shooter on a good day, I was put in B. I am new to Handi-cap so I am a 18yrd shooter, I was put to the 23 yard line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF 5 yard penaty for a non- trophy non state or BIG EVENT? and I dont shoot doubles yet so I didnt worry bout that classification.

The food, Well we waited half hour for eggs and toast. Lunch they were out of PRIT near EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! You could get a $3 hamburg when we were in on break. It wasnt that big of turn out.

My friends who sat the bench while my squad was shooting, said The score keepers were constantly messing with Cell phones.

Beggining each trap my leader asked to see birds, they simply turned on the trap he had to call for birds.

7th trap the score keeper was still sitting on bench screwing around when leader asked to see target. I turned and looked told him nooone was even in score keepers chair hes back on the bench!!

I wouldnt pay to shoot the caps at 5 yard penaty for small shoot like this let lone my time or shells. So since I drove all the way there I only would shoot the 200 singles, and play Lewis

I will think long and hard before I drive to the Zippo shoot!!!! If I go I am finding Subway and bringing my own food too $3 for a hamburg and $2 for Fries (if they have any) Not like there is Mc Donalds down the street.

Stuff like this creates bad public relations.

Targets were as fair as could be with the wind and weather cant complain on that, but reast was disapointing.

Jerry Lewis

2. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

Help me out here. What exactly is the purpose of this post? Just lookin for a hug?

3. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Yea Mike A hug would be nice! IF NOBODY says anything how can they save the rest of the shoots? People get pissed they think about not coming again, price of gas targets and shells for a bad time no food inbetween events. As I left to go get food after singles because there wasnt much there to eat, I neglected to mention the trap help. I didnt even bother to go back to see bout Lewis money. Figure they can mail it cheaper then I could drive back from town for a meal to drive back and then go home.

And as Harold was retireing I didnt want to make a comotion there.

People need to know before traveling to a shoot so they arent disappointed as I was.

They used to have good meal there for decent price. Never heard of kids screwing with their phone while watching targets. NEVER had to call for my own look birds! Never had to look back to see the score keeper sitting on the far bench instead of the score chair unless getting relieved.

IF and I KNOW for a fact Harold Kiser had seen any of this he would have been pissed! He has personally cause kids to quit that didnt do the job.

Jerry Lewis

4. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

I didn't have any problem with classification, but all the other stuff was right on. Not the best shoot I have ever been to at Bradford.

5. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I was there today and didn't see any problems.

Jon Reitz

6. 700X-user

700X-user Member

I shot at Bradford friday and I never saw one kid playing with their cell phones. I was too busy trying to break the targets in very challenging conditions. I always shoot squad leader and I always call for the "look see" bird. "Squad ready? Scorer ready? Let's see a bird on my call! Whats the problem with that! I have done it this way for years and have never heard any complaints from people on my squads.

Not every club trains their help the same way! When in Rome, do as the Romans! I shoot ATA in 4 different states! You have to learn to adapt instead of compain! By the way, the program was 200 singles and 50 pair of doubles on Friday. The caps were not being shot until Saturday. ED

7. mike campbell

"I always shoot squad leader and I always call for the "look see" bird. "Squad ready? Scorer ready? Let's see a bird on my call!"

Yep. Just like that.

8. mike campbell

"I always shoot squad leader and I always call for the "look see" bird. "Squad ready? Scorer ready? Let's see a bird on my call!"

Yep. Just like that.

9. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

We shot Bradford in July 2011 - had a great time and the trap help did a great job. Didn't eat the food because we had our own and lots of it.

Will be back mid July and I hope there are no issues as described...

FRedmon

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

What Bradford County are you guys beatin on? We got one here in Fl but didn't know they threw trap. Jake

11. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

Penalty yardage rules are stated in Bradford's booklet. If you didn't want to shoot penalty all you had to do is shoot targets only. There weren't any trophies any way.
    Bud Edwards

12. zinger

zinger Member

I've always requested that the "look" target be thrown on my call. What was the problem? Did you want the kid to push the button for your target? Is that how they do it in NY? Bradford runs a good shoot and Bud is correct, you should've read the program before complaining about shooting penalty. With a "special event" going on, were you also planning on entering it on your assigned 18yd line?

13. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

j2jake,
    The club they are taking about is in Bradford Pa.
    http://bradfordgunclub.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

batavia gun club good friday shoot

bradford gun club 2015 good friday shoot